Advanced: Parsing String To Validate True/False

drewbee

Hello everyone, I am having quite a bit of an issue going on here. To keep things simple, after something is run I end up with a string (Dynamically generated) that can only contain four charecters (&&,||,0,1), but an unlimited total amount of these.

So for instance, $string = "0 && 1 && 1 || 1";

Now, what I want to do is validate this string where 0 = false, and 1 true.

The String above would come out to "FALSE && TRUE && TRUE OR FALSE";

if contained within a statement:

if (FALSE && TRUE && TRUE OR FALSE)
{
// Its good
}
else
{
// Bad
}

It would return FALSE (ELSE) due to the first two statements linked by &&, one is false, thus going to the "bad" end of the statement.

So, how in the world do I do this? I tried playing around with eval a little bit, but couldn't get it to work like I wanted.

If you know how to do this, please let me know, below is how I tried to do this and am really off i think ( it doesn't work anyways)

[code]
<?
$string = "1 && 0 && 1 && 1";

retrictionDecide($string);

function restrictionDecide($string)
{
    $string = str_replace(array("0","1"),array(restrictionReturn(0),restrictionReturn(1)),$string);
    $actual = "if (\$string) { return true; } else { return false; }";
    if (eval($actual))
    {
        echo "no ok";
    }
    else
    {
        echo "ok";
    }

}

function restrictionReturn($boolean)
{
    if ($boolean == "1")
    {
        return false;
    }
    elseif ($boolean == "0")
    {
        return true;
    }
}
?>
[/code]

This above, however, seems to return "ok" no matter what, which obviously means it isn't processing it correctly, due to my own logic, of course :)

If anyone could have any advice and previous known experience with this, it would be an absolute tremendous help if this could be situated!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.