Copywrite code??

carefree

Yes copyright is obtained when your work is done, but if you don't register it with the government there is no way to prove your case. NO you can't say your computer had a saved copy of the file before it was copied and stolen. Don't be stupid. Its the same with movies and digital music, if it's not registered you have no right to go court. You can't prove jack s**t.

While there are numerous others, published documents and personal journals are two very simple things that have proven ownership of original work time and time again.

Actually . . . I hate to say this, but, a lawyer friend of mine told me that if you send it Certified Signature Mail (so it has a date, a signature, and proof of being mailed), the courts can, in fact, use this as proof of original works.  But, I think it is only for written works (books, movie scripts, songs, etc.).  I don't know what the rules are for programs and code, but I would think they are similar.

But then again, you still have to prove that you created the work BEFORE the other person.

... if it's not registered you have no right to go court.

Utter rubbish, my friend.

Andy, you must read my whole quote. I was refering to movies and digital media. If you ever quote me again, I ask that you use my whole quote, as it disrupts my quote. You sabotage it and take out parts that you wish. that quote was copyrighted  ;D

... If you ever quote me again, I ask that you use my whole quote ...

OK, I'll paraphrase what you wrote.

"If you don't register copyright with the government then you have no right to go court"

And I'll repeat my earlier assertion that statements like that are flat out wrong.  Whether your copyright is 'registered' with the government or not, you always retain the right to go to court.  You might lose, but they won't bar the door to you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.