Please review my 2nd web site

liam1412

This is my 2nd effort at a website

The URL is http://www.talkaboutfishing.co.uk

I have also set up and account with the username test and password test for you to login and play with the forums etc.

It does only look okay in firefox k-meleon and IE7 at the min. Im working on the others as we speak. There are also a couple of deadlinks on there which I know about. It is all work in progress but just wanting an indicator.

Thanks

Liam

It's okay. Kinda plain though-much though I love the header image, you should make it stretch across so that it doesn't have the empty space around it. One thing I don't get is why you have your layout look like a table, but re-create it in div's. Why would you do that? The layout could be more... inspired, frankly, as it looks very flat and unappealing. Try making it feel more lively-add gradients or drop shadows, just something more then flat color and scattered pictures. Also, try looking at your site at 800*600 resolution-it just doesn't work.

Your forums, meanwhile have a major glitch:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/dgbrckmi/public_html/forummain.php on line 146

This is the error that I got while trying to look at the inside of a forum.

while it is plain, that doesn't mean bad. It is a clean look that could use some spice. A more dynamic banner would do wonders. Also have some more contrasting colors, a red and maybe a black.

Not bad for a second, but there is some work to be done.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.