Social Network Site

techiefreak05

I'll look into the name thing.

Yeah, I noticed the age thing, I'll find out why it's knocking an age off.

Are you sure? I havent had any problems with city or state at all. Did you pick a state when you signed up, and it said "select state" on the edit profile page? that still means it updated.

You might want to run a spell check before opening it to the public.

Oh, and there was a MYSQL error when I registered, but um, I accidentally forgot to copy it. Sorry!

It had something to do with age though, so I think you may've messed something up when fixing that bug. ;)

Matt :: when you get back online, I totally fixed it! I was missing a ' in my SQL query which then killed the script that created your upload folder, which is why uploading didnt work for you. haha im good. well anyway you can make a  new account and its all good. thanks for that one, i owe you! im soo close to opening.. .and with registration not working.. wow thatd be BAD! thanks!

If you mess up entering your details when registering, you have to start all over again. I think you should make the form repopulate and don't navigate away from the rego page till the user has got everything right.

I also think the design is a bit too similar to facebook.

Theres a lot of html bugs too.

Good Luck with the site  :)

Iv gotta say I think it's way too much like facebook, which is going to be your downfall! Anyone who's seen facebook will instantly recognise the similarity, as i did, and then they will probably leave.

I'd suggest creating a new design and then you'll probably pull in more users..

• 4 weeks later...

First thing I liked was the Adobe CS3 icon; I also thought the header was clean and very un-obnoxious.

I couldn't immediately see the sign-up link, not good for you; Also, I don't like the link that changes my cursor, it's unnerving and irrelevant.

Other than that, very modern and clean. I give it a 6/10

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.