using javascript for the browse button on a file form

lead2gold

Within a form when you use the input type "file" you get that common browse button that is as ugly as the submit buttons :). Seeing how you can use the <forminfo>.Submit(); and replace the submit with a hyperlink with beautiful CSS styles associated with it. Can you not do the same for the browse? Like completely hide it and replace it with a javascript line?

Actually you can use css on a browse button you can not hide trhe browser button and use a custom made one to submit an upload. I think the syntax for styling a file control box is this:
[code]input[type=file] {
    //css code is here
}[/code]

[!--quoteo(post=360378:date=Mar 31 2006, 09:31 AM:name=wildteen88)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(wildteen88 @ Mar 31 2006, 09:31 AM) [snapback]360378[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Actually you can use css on a browse button you can not hide trhe browser button and use a custom made one to submit an upload. I think the syntax for styling a file control box is this:
[code]input[type=file] {
    //css code is here
}[/code]
[/quote]

Great! thank you, i will try it out!

Edit: found this website: [a href=\"http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html[/a] to preform this task, but it just doesn't seem worth it... incompatiblity starts at IE5... I'll just use the basic one...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.