My code registers blank records

SirChick

When i submit the registration details only 2 variables submit to the database... that is IP and gender. The others come out as blank but it does insert... heres my code:

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL); 
if (isset($_POST['RegistrationSubmission'])) {

$TermsOfService = $_POST['TermsOfService'];
$Username = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['Username']); 
$Password = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['Password']); 
$Password2 = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['Password2']);
$Email = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['EmailRegistration']);
$Country = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['CountryChoice']);
$ip = $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];
$Gender = $_POST['Gender'];
$jump2 = 1;
if ($Password != $Password2) {
    echo "Passwords did not match";
if ($TermsOfService == "off") {
echo "You must agree to the terms of service before registering!";
$jump2 = 0;
}
}

If ($jump2 ==1){
mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "private") or die (mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("civilian") or die (mysql_error());
$chkUSERNAME = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `userregistration` WHERE `Username` = '".$_POST['Username']."'");
$getUSERNAME = mysql_fetch_object($chkUSERNAME);
if($_POST['Username'] == $getUSERNAME->Username) {
  die('Username already registered, please choose a different username!');
}
$chkEmail = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `userregistration` WHERE `Email` = '".$_POST['EmailRegistration']."'");
$getEmail = mysql_fetch_object($chkEmail);
if($_POST['EmailRegistration'] == $getEmail->Email) {
  die('Email already registered, please choose a different username!');
}

If ($Password == $Password2) {
    $query = "INSERT INTO `userregistration` (Username,Password,Email,Country,IP,Gender) Values ('$Username', '$Password', '$Email', '$Country', '$ip', '$Gender')";
    echo $query;
mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
}
}
}
?>

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice: Undefined index: TermsOfService in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 5

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 10

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 10

Unknown database 'civilian'

How ever it does connect im positive of that nothing has changed in the connect thing. Also just to add have u noticed in the warning error it says:

mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]

and my variable declaration doesnt have the () not the one in the [] type brackets.. could that be why ?

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 27

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 32

INSERT INTO `userregistration` (Username,Password,Email,Country,IP,Gender) Values ('davedave', 'davedave', 'dave@dave.com', 'United Kingdom', '127.0.0.1', 'Male')

NOTE: The data has inputted even though this error shows up... but at least the data is now inputting but im vulnerable to attacks.

try this first

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL); 
$jump2 = 1;
			$jump2 = 0;
		}
	}
	if ($jump2 ==1){
		$chkUSERNAME = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `userregistration` WHERE `Username` = '".$_POST['Username']."'");
		 }
		$chkEmail = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `userregistration` WHERE `Email` = '".$_POST['EmailRegistration']."'");
		}
	 if ($Password == $Password2) {
		$query = "INSERT INTO `userregistration` (Username,Password,Email,Country,IP,Gender) 
				  Values ('$Username', '$Password', '$Email', '$Country', '$ip', '$Gender')";
	}
}
}
?>

i just indent your code properly and little change tell me the error if there is

Gah it keeps giving different errors we are back with that big longgg error as i already posted earlier

Notice: Undefined index: TermsOfService in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 5

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 10

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 10

Unknown database 'civilian'

[code]try

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);

if(!mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "private")){

echo mysql_error();

exit;

}

esle{

$jump2 = 1;

$jump2 = 0;

}

}

if ($jump2 ==1){

}

}

$query = "INSERT INTO `userregistration` (Username,Password,Email,Country,IP,Gender)

}

}

}

}

?>

[/code]

and paste the error

:( im using apache server by the way just so you know. duno if that matters?

Notice: Undefined index: TermsOfService in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 5

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 5

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 7

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 8

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 8

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 25

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 30

Before i do, the error decided to stop appearing :S and now i only get this:

Notice: Undefined index: TermsOfService in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 10

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 29

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 34

i think the terms of service thing is because i have it checking if its "off" which could be the wrong value to use but im unsure?

Notice: Undefined index: TermsOfService in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 10

Means that you're trying to access an element in an array that doesn't exist.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 29

More than likely this query failed:

change it to:

$chkUSERNAME = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `userregistration` WHERE `Username` = '".$_POST['Username']."'") or die(mysql_error());

Then see what the error is.

same response

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 34

i will remove the string escape now and see if it changes

result is the same :

if ($jump2 ==1){
			$getUSERNAME = mysql_fetch_assoc($chkUSERNAME);
			 if($_POST['Username'] == $getUSERNAME['Username']) {
			 }
			$getEmail = mysql_fetch_assoc($chkEmail);
			if($_POST['EmailRegistration'] == $getEmail['Email']) {
			}
		}

look carefully if this is the name of the form TermsOfService it says it not part of the post array or to be sure do this

print_r($_POSt); all the forms will be displayed see if that will apear "TermsOfService "

and use assoc or array it will not display an error if the query fails just like object does

If you are going to use mysql_real_escape_string, you must connect to the DB first.

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL); 

$jump2 = 0;
	}
} else {

$chkUSERNAME = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `userregistration` WHERE `Username` = '".$_POST['Username']."'") or die(mysql_error());

}

$chkEmail = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `userregistration` WHERE `Email` = '".$_POST['EmailRegistration']."'") or die(mysql_error());

}

$query = "INSERT INTO `userregistration` (Username,Password,Email,Country,IP,Gender) Values ('$Username', '$Password', '$Email', '$Country', '$ip', '$Gender')";
	echo $query;

}
}
?>

If you are going to use mysql_real_escape_string, you must connect to the DB first.

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL); 

$jump2 = 0;
	}
} else {

}

$chkEmail = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `userregistration` WHERE `Email` = '".$_POST['EmailRegistration']."'") or die(mysql_error());

}

echo $query;

}
}
?>

That produced this:

Notice: Undefined index: TermsOfService in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 9

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 30

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 37

INSERT INTO `userregistration` (Username,Password,Email,Country,IP,Gender) Values ('tester243', 'tester', 'test@hg.com', 'United Kingdom', '127.0.0.1', 'Male')

would you like me to provide the html if that would help ?

try

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL); 
echo mysql_error();
exit;
}
esle{
	$jump2 = 1;
				$jump2 = 0;
			}
		}
		if ($jump2 ==1){
			 }
			}
		}
	}
}
}

?>

Now only this shows up.

Notice: Undefined index: TermsOfService in C:\xampp\htdocs\RegisterPage.php on line 9

And also now if the terms of service is not checked it still submits.. when it should be saying "you have not agreed to terms of service" when ever the check box is unticked.

try this code

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL); 
if(!mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "private")):
echo mysql_error();
exit;
else:

# Check all post data
print_r($_POST); exit; # debugging purpose: remove after checking

if (isset($_POST['RegistrationSubmission'])):
	$Username 		= mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['Username']); 
	$Password 		= mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['Password']); 
	$Password2 		= mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['Password2']);
	$Email			= mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['EmailRegistration']);
	$Country 		= mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['CountryChoice']);
	$ip 			= $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];
	$Gender 		= $_POST['Gender'];
	$jump2 			= 1;

if($_POST['TermsOfService'] == 'off'):
		$jump2 = 0;
	elseif($Password != $Password2):
		$jump2 = 0;
	elseif($jump2 == 1):
		if(mysql_num_rows($chkUSERNAME) != 0):
		endif;

if(mysql_num_rows($chkEmail) != 0):
		endif;

if ($Password == $Password2):
		endif;
	endif;
endif;
endif;
?>

try this code

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL); 
if(!mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "private")):
echo mysql_error();
exit;
else:

# Check all post data
print_r($_POST); exit; # debugging purpose: remove after checking

if (isset($_POST['RegistrationSubmission'])):
	$Username 		= mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['Username']); 
	$Password 		= mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['Password']); 
	$Password2 		= mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['Password2']);
	$Email			= mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['EmailRegistration']);
	$Country 		= mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['CountryChoice']);
	$ip 			= $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];
	$Gender 		= $_POST['Gender'];
	$jump2 			= 1;

if($_POST['TermsOfService'] == 'off'):
		$jump2 = 0;
	elseif($Password != $Password2):
		$jump2 = 0;
	elseif($jump2 == 1):
		if(mysql_num_rows($chkUSERNAME) != 0):
		endif;

if(mysql_num_rows($chkEmail) != 0):
		endif;

if ($Password == $Password2):
		endif;
	endif;
endif;
endif;
?>

All that displays on the page was :

Array ( )

didnt even load the html etc

Just thought id bump this with some updated news!

I have put a captcha security php code into my registration aswell (to make life more complex, but everyone kept shouting at me for not putting one in so i put one in and now it still doesn't work but it's all re-arranged a bit.

I have it displaying correctly, how ever if i input and invalid captcha it doesn't produce and error and if i produce a correct captcha it doesnt submit the data to the database at all so no record is made in the table.

This was my attempted:

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL); 

echo mysql_error();
exit;
}
else{
	session_start();

if(($_SESSION['security_code'] == $_POST['security_code']) && (!empty($_SESSION['security_code'])) ) {
      // Insert you code for processing the form here, e.g emailing the submission, entering it into a database. 
	$jump2 = 1;
				$jump2 = 0;
			}
		}
		if ($jump2 ==1){
			 }
			}
      unset($_SESSION['security_code']);
  header("Location: success.php");
   } 
      // Insert your code for showing an error message here
  If ($_SESSION['security_code'] != $_POST['security_code']){
  die('Your security code input did not match the generated image, please try again!');
  }}
}
}
}

?>

This is the captcha code:

<?php
session_start(); 

class CaptchaSecurityImages {

var $font = 'monofont.ttf';

function generateCode($characters) {
      /* list all possible characters, similar looking characters and vowels have been removed */
      $possible = '23456789bcdfghjkmnpqrstvwxyz';
      $code = '';
      $i = 0;
      while ($i < $characters) { 
         $code .= substr($possible, mt_rand(0, strlen($possible)-1), 1);
         $i++;
      }
      return $code;
   }

function CaptchaSecurityImages($width='120',$height='40',$characters='6') {
      $code = $this->generateCode($characters);
      /* font size will be 75% of the image height */
      $font_size = $height * 0.75;
      $image = imagecreate($width, $height) or die('Cannot initialize new GD image stream');
      /* set the colours */
      $background_color = imagecolorallocate($image, 255, 255, 255);
      $text_color = imagecolorallocate($image, 20, 40, 100);
      $noise_color = imagecolorallocate($image, 100, 120, 180);
      /* generate random dots in background */
      for( $i=0; $i<($width*$height)/3; $i++ ) {
         imagefilledellipse($image, mt_rand(0,$width), mt_rand(0,$height), 1, 1, $noise_color);
      }
      /* generate random lines in background */
      for( $i=0; $i<($width*$height)/150; $i++ ) {
         imageline($image, mt_rand(0,$width), mt_rand(0,$height), mt_rand(0,$width), mt_rand(0,$height), $noise_color);
      }
      /* create textbox and add text */
      $textbox = imagettfbbox($font_size, 0, $this->font, $code) or die('Error in imagettfbbox function');
      $x = ($width - $textbox[4])/2;
      $y = ($height - $textbox[5])/2;
      imagettftext($image, $font_size, 0, $x, $y, $text_color, $this->font , $code) or die('Error in imagettftext function');
      /* output captcha image to browser */
      header('Content-Type: image/jpeg');
      imagejpeg($image);
      imagedestroy($image);
      $_SESSION['security_code'] = $code;
   }

}

$width = isset($_GET['width']) && $_GET['height'] < 600 ? $_GET['width'] : '120';
$height = isset($_GET['height']) && $_GET['height'] < 200 ? $_GET['height'] : '40';
$characters = isset($_GET['characters']) && $_GET['characters'] > 2 ? $_GET['characters'] : '6';

$captcha = new CaptchaSecurityImages($width,$height,$characters);

?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.