• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Adthegreat

Adthegreat
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:16 PM

Hello again, i just made a script that sends an email when a person first registers on my site, it's just a pleasantry little email saying hey basically.

However when im trying to make it work, it won't come up with any error messages, but i never receive the mail. Could someone please take a look at this...

$to = $email;
       $subject = "Welcome to  ...";
       $body = "Hello, and thank you for registering for my game, ...<br />, just go                back to the                          website to login and start playing!<br /> I look forward to seeing you.<br />Regards, The ..                           team";
       $headers = "From: webmaster@mysite.co.uk\n";
         mail($to,$subject,$body,$headers);
         header("Location: home.php"); 

And i have set $email with the value of the person there.

And the worst part is, i have made it work before!

Thanks in Advance,

#2 play_

play_
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:29 PM

Sometimes it ends up in the bulkmail. try checking it there.
regex.kat.sh --- regex library
u.kat.sh ---- url shortener
tabbit.org ---- tabbed pastebin

#3 Adthegreat

Adthegreat
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:01 AM

[!--quoteo(post=360508:date=Apr 1 2006, 12:29 AM:name=play_)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(play_ @ Apr 1 2006, 12:29 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Sometimes it ends up in the bulkmail. try checking it there.
[/quote]

I have checked, and its not there. Also done it to a hotmail, and a googlemail account, neither worked.

Is there any way i could implement an error message so that i know whats going wrong, and if it thinks it's being sent?

EDIT:
I have also now made it so that once you have registered you go to a page, and i made echo $_SESSION['email'] which was defined as $email, so that means that i know its not getting the email wrong, and there must be something wrong with my script.

#4 kenrbnsn

kenrbnsn
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 8,235 posts
  • LocationHillsborough, NJ, USA

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

See [a href=\"http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=89875\" target=\"_blank\"]this [/a]thread in the PHP Help Forum. It should help you.

Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users