phpMYadmin Error

php?

>:( When i try and load it on the web browser it comes up with:

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.10.3

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Error

MySQL said: 

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Idk what is causing this... there is no "config.inc.php ... cuz i used the other setup.

In that case phpMyAdmin is not reading your configuration you setup when you ran the PMA setup script. When you have finished the setup script a file is created in the scripts folder. You then have to move this file to the root of the phpMyAdmin folder.

Either that or you can just copy config.default.php from the libraries folder and place it in the root of the phpMyAdmin folder and then rename it to config.inc.php and edit that file manually. You'll only have to change a couple of lines.

File saved

Configuration saved to file config/config.inc.php in phpMyAdmin top level directory, copy it to top level one and delete directory config to use it.

what does it mean by "copy it to top level one"

Yes ive done that and it comes up with this error when i try to load the phpmyadmin page

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.10.3

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Error

MySQL said: 

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Looks like you have setup a password for the root user during the installation process for MySQL.

You'll have to provide the password you setup for the root user in order for phpMyAdmin to connect to mysql. You define the password for the root user through this line in the config.inc.php:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'password here';

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.