frame source syntax

natalieG

we have a php file with included html to do some frames. we tried the following
syntax to load news.txt into a frame wity no success.
[b]<frame name="newsframe" src=<php? echo include "news.txt"?>> [/b]

load the following:

<TABLE>
news.txt
</TABLE>

into the frame "newsframe" as the file news.txt does npt have the TABLE delclaration, so we need
to add it

we are using frames as we want to scroll olne area annd leave the others alone.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Just thought further on this...

the frame src="...." - if you want that to be different then use src="<?php echo FILEPATH&NAME; ?>"

you don't need to include the file - but it shudl be valid html if only to not like a noob.....

Now theother point - I hate frames. Much of my work is done for accessibility to AA and some to AAA and I prefer to mainta9in control over the flow of documents. Instead of a frame why not consider usign a div and specify some height and width for the div and also set a value for the overflow so that you can scroll within it. In my personal opinion your page will look far more professional and the doc flow will be maintained.

If you did use that then you would of course use the include('FILEPATH&NAME'); inside the div tags.

Thats a clever idea-We trierd this and ikt dod not seem to scroll over the entire
set ofd data. could you check the syntax for us and see what we did wrong?

[a href=\"http://msdsimaging.com/news_main.php\" target=\"_blank\"]http://msdsimaging.com/news_main.php[/a]. The scroll bars, show, but the file in news.txt goes
back to last year and in the div tags, we show only a few entries.

Thanks,

Jen

[!--quoteo(post=360701:date=Apr 1 2006, 05:24 PM:name=ToonMariner)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ToonMariner @ Apr 1 2006, 05:24 PM) [snapback]360701[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Just thought further on this...

the frame src="...." - if you want that to be different then use src="<?php echo FILEPATH&NAME; ?>"

you don't need to include the file - but it shudl be valid html if only to not like a noob.....

Now theother point - I hate frames. Much of my work is done for accessibility to AA and some to AAA and I prefer to mainta9in control over the flow of documents. Instead of a frame why not consider usign a div and specify some height and width for the div and also set a value for the overflow so that you can scroll within it. In my personal opinion your page will look far more professional and the doc flow will be maintained.

If you did use that then you would of course use the include('FILEPATH&NAME'); inside the div tags.
[/quote]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.