a few things?

l3lade

ok so how would i make my website

1. so that if your logged in to the forum the main site knows aswell,

2.if thats possible when your logged in theres a shoutbox or somthing were you write, but if it goes over a certain amout it sends the old ones to page 2 3 ect

3.simaler to the shoutbox but not the same, this is more for a large section of writeing, so it creates its own page for it with a link on the origonal. a bit like a forum

thanks and if im not explaing properly just tell me

also. can i do this in dreamweaver?

Guest footballkid4
You're asking for your website to be done for you...this should be posted in the freelancing forum in my opinion.

However, depending on your forum software I may be able to write a script which will use your forums to see if you are logged in (I know I can do it on IPB 2.X)

And for the question about dreamweaver, no. Dreamweaver is for design not scripting. If you want to write PHP use a text editor like notepad, gedit, kate, etc...If you want to write 100% standard compliant xhtml refer to a reference manual and use on of the previously meantioned text editors. If you are absolutely clueless about xhtml and PHP and really don't care then dreamweaver is an excellent tool. Other than that I totally agree with footballkid4.

Guest footballkid4
I code PHP in Dreamweaver occasionally simply because it has most of the PHP functions stored in there, so when you type it in it brings up the parameters that you need to put into the function. If you have a Mac there is a really good PHP editor called HyperEdit I think...it installs a PHP server on your Mac, and actually gives you live data view as you type...not just every time you save...it's pretty impressive for a Mac application.

I hate WYSIWYG HTML editors. They try to predict my code and they don't always properly conform to xhtml standards and on occasion I have had other odd problems. While I am trying to correct their mistakes I could already be working on another file. Then of course I've been at this for quite a number of years, and I am fairly comfortable with the syntax and a plain text editor and I am very particular about my code and the format of it.

[!--quoteo(post=360980:date=Apr 2 2006, 10:36 PM:name=l3lade)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(l3lade @ Apr 2 2006, 10:36 PM) [snapback]360980[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
also. can i do this in dreamweaver?
[/quote]

yes but if you're not bothered whether it's you who does the coding or not, get phpnuke or mambo and get the included forums and shoutbox.

[!--quoteo(post=361510:date=Apr 4 2006, 02:58 AM:name=redbullmarky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(redbullmarky @ Apr 4 2006, 02:58 AM) [snapback]361510[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
yes but if you're not bothered whether it's you who does the coding or not, get phpnuke or mambo and get the included forums and shoutbox.
[/quote]

Based on the original question I doubt they care who does the coding.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.