Keeping the contents of a column always to the top!

andreasp

Hello everyone,
I am facing a small designing issue but i believe this can be fixed only with php since the website i am working on is based on php.
There is one website where i have a table with two columns. The left column containts another table which acts as the menu while the right column contains a listing of all the information of a table of my database.
The problem is that because I have quite many information in that particular table the right columns height extends quite much and the contents of the left column(the menu) goes to the center of the website. Is there any way to make this table in the left column to be always at the top?
I tried repeating a number of lines for each row of data in the table but then the number of lines were too many something which caused the contents of the right column move further down the menu. There are also some abnormalities when i change the number of line spacing.
What can I do? I would really appreciate a fast response.
Thank you!

This sounds like a simple HTML problem, so I'm moving it to the HTML forum.

Use td [b]valign="top"[/b] to force the content of a table cell to align itself vertically from the top instead of aligning itself in the middle (the default).

[!--quoteo(post=361308:date=Apr 3 2006, 10:17 PM:name=AndyB)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(AndyB @ Apr 3 2006, 10:17 PM) [snapback]361308[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
This sounds like a simple HTML problem, so I'm moving it to the HTML forum.

Use td [b]valign="top"[/b] to force the content of a table cell to align itself vertically from the top instead of aligning itself in the middle (the default).
[/quote]
Hello AndyB... what a nice name you have though :P
Anw... thanks a million for this. I never actually used to do need this kind of thing on my other websites and I really didn't know how to fix it. It worked perfectly :D. Thank you lots once again :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.