Loading two scripts simultaneously

Rushyo

I've got an AJAX engine which sends through an XML document to a PHP script, which then parses it into a set of urls like below:

loadpage.php?example=bleh
loadmenu.php?example=poot

Now, to the important bit... how can I load up more than one url at a time? I want to run loadpage.php and loadmenu.php and get them both to send data back to the client. I'm not asking for an 'alternative' method I simply need to know how to do this, if it is possible.

One plausible method is if PHP allows you to send HTTP requests to both pages... like so:

MakeRequest("loadpage.php?example=bleh");
MakeRequest("loadmenu.php?example=poot");

Obviously I can't use the header() function since I need to load two scripst from one script... and I can't change the header twice.

NOTE: My server using PHP 4.

You can, I did it before, just include(loadmenu.php?example=poot);
If you want to pass by POST then you can use curl
[code]
// SET URL FOR THE POST FORM LOGIN
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'linkkkkk');

// ENABLE HTTP POST
        curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);

// SET POST PARAMETERS : FORM VALUES FOR EACH FIELD
        curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, "login=something&password=somwthing);[/code]

Tried the include approach... it executed neither of the scripts.

Ammendum: I figure CURL won't work because it operates in the same way 'header' does, it tells the user's browser to execute the request, which I believe won't work with AJAX since it points the user's browser away from the initial page.

I'll have a try though

Each of the two scripts are simply for testing and read:

[code]<?php

$ajax = "main|";
$ajax = $ajax."Main";
echo($ajax);

?>[/code]

and

[code]<?php

$ajax = "menu|";
$ajax = $ajax."Menu";
echo($ajax);

?>[/code]

What they should do is slot into the original HTML document like so:

[code]<div id="main">Main</div>
<div id="menu">Menu</div>[/code]

This is how the AJAX engine handles any responses from the scripts.

If I make a call to one of them, it works fine but not if I try to call both (using the obviously flawed header method, which I knew would fail but it proves the rest of the code is working since it works in a single instance)

Pls read php.net:
[a href=\"http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php\" target=\"_blank\"]http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php[/a]

Many good examples listed there. Anyway, Im so sleepy and gotta take a nap now, hope you can find the solution or someone can help.

Cheers.

err, just saw yor reply, try this:
in your included script, echo everything you want to display:
echo " blah blah blah --- This is the main";

PS: If possible post your script here or pm me, at least part of it

I can't help but feel that was meant as an insult to my intelligence.

As I've already told you I've tried implementing include, if only just to shut you up after the first time I told you it wouldn't work. You quite clearly don't know how AJAX works, this isn't just slapping a web page on the client, it's about modifying one already on the client machine.

[!--quoteo(post=361346:date=Apr 3 2006, 09:53 PM:name=yellow1912)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(yellow1912 @ Apr 3 2006, 09:53 PM) [snapback]361346[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]err, just saw yor reply, try this:
in your included script, echo everything you want to display:
echo " blah blah blah --- This is the main";

PS: If possible post your script here or pm me, at least part of it
[/quote]

[code]$ajax = "menu|";
$ajax = $ajax."Menu";
echo($ajax);[/code]

That's what it already does...

Rushyo, I feel all asleep and I still trying to stay up to help you. And i never in my life insult anyone's intelligence or whatsoever, except mine.

And I for one wouldnt get angry at someone who trying to help me, even if he is of use or not. You will never get any friend this way.

"And I for one wouldnt get angry at someone who trying to help me, even if he is of use or not. You will never get any friend this way."

If that person is implying I'm stupid, I wouldn't want to be friends with them.

Forget it, I'll find some way around it myself.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.