You're Neatness

NArc0t1c

Everyone tests something they do sometimes..

Say you want to refresh you're memory on how a function works, then you will make a script to check.

Or maybe to debug a script someone has posted.

Now.., Do you delete them instantly or do you wait for them to pile up?

I would like to make a script that you could easily test scripts, functions and more. someday when I have time.

I have one file for testing: /var/www/test.php and C:\apache2\htdocs\test.php (yeah, I know it's two!!)

That's the file(s) I use for testing. That includes if I want to test anything I post here.

I do exactly the same, but only /var/www/test.php

• 2 months later...

I have a test directory so that I can try out new things and keep them if they work out so that I can use them later. If I'm testing something in a site I usually use zzz_test.php so that it drops to the bottom of the files so later I can find it and delete it quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have around 4 GB of scripts/demo programs that I have used to test various programming methods in various languages over the years.

In fact I still have some of the original assembly source codes that I created when I was learning assembly on DOS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If I need to test something I will implement it straight into the script I'm building or updating anyway.

But I do have a load of scripts for other things like serialization and unserialization, etc. Just useful things I don't need to delete.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.