Any Suggestions?

sKunKbad

The logo text is pretty ugly, choose a nice font and make it more "techy".  I don't like the shadows or glows under the header images. Makes it look blurry. You really need to fix the laptop drop shadow.  The layout does not flow well.  Nothing is clearly defined. you need to break the site into pages, not just single page with loads of info and no organization. I get lost fast. The graphics really look like you just started using photoshop.  Those w3c buttons look pretty tacky. 

I think it may be too busy for someone looking for a website. I am more a fan of linked pages over all the content on one page. The Laptop image does not align with the title image on my browser (IE 6). I think the color scheme might need a little change. Also, the laptop itself looks pretty cool there, but there is something about a giant laptop with a blank screen that just isn't appealing. Maybe you could superimpose something on it to make it look nicer.

Good luck!

i just have a few issues,

<1> It says 'Contact Me Now' witch sounds forcefull

<2> I would put some more links on your site {have more pages}

<3> Everything seems to be cramed onto that one page, you could do with it more spaced out ETC.

thats about it, other than that good work.

I've been working on this site today, so it is possible that you saw it when it was in the transition. I'm trying to work out some issues, but I think the IE6 issue should be fixed... I use a standalone IE6 for testing, and assuming it is the same as regular IE6. Thanks for your input.

Hi sKunKbad,

I too develop websites.  May I suggest if your having problems with color schemes, check out www.colorblender.com.  Not my site but very useful for figuring out color schemes.  What I typically do is figure out what the default color of the site will be, add it to color blender and then let colorblender figure out the rest of the color pallete.  Then I tweek it for my needs. 

If you use Firefox(if not goto getfirefox.com), download the web developer and firebug addons. They will prove useful when testing sites. Your site falls apart if I disable images, and many people using slow internet do this. I suggest you make it work with or with-out images so that it appeals to the largest audience.

to be honest, i imagine...

Websites are built by writing code. Your computer analyzes that code, and displays images, text, forms, and other stuff on your screen. I write all that code by hand. Most other web designers use computer programs that write the code for them. I've spent countless hours learning the various programming languages that I write, and can do what a computer program can't do. In the end, what this means for you is better search results, a website that works in all of the latest browsers, content that is accessible to screen readers and handheld devices, content that can be printed, and easy theme changes. My code is also clean, and easily modified for cost effective site maintenance.

... is the case (aim) for any web developer? Plus I didn't quite get what you meant about software writing the programming language? Large companies will only re-use scripts they already have (or use frameworks, libraries, etc) at best, either way it's been written by a person.

Design wise...

I think you should try and use text rather than images for the titles...

I like the sort of header layout, it's different, but I think you could make it more visually appealing .. at the moment i get what I describe as a "pixely" feeling...

..And like the others said, it'd be better to try and spread the content out over a few pages.

to be honest, i imagine...

Websites are built by writing code. Your computer analyzes that code, and displays images, text, forms, and other stuff on your screen. I write all that code by hand. Most other web designers use computer programs that write the code for them. I've spent countless hours learning the various programming languages that I write, and can do what a computer program can't do. In the end, what this means for you is better search results, a website that works in all of the latest browsers, content that is accessible to screen readers and handheld devices, content that can be printed, and easy theme changes. My code is also clean, and easily modified for cost effective site maintenance.

... is the case (aim) for any web developer? Plus I didn't quite get what you meant about software writing the programming language? Large companies will only re-use scripts they already have (or use frameworks, libraries, etc) at best, either way it's been written by a person.

MrAdam,

What do you mean by (aim)? I was just trying to describe in the simplest way possible that I don't use a WYSIWYG html editor like dreamweaver or frontpage because those programs write crap code, and users of those programs (which are the local web designers), aren't doing anyone any favors by using them. Actually, most of the local "web designers" are still stuck in the dark ages doing table based layouts.

Everyone,

I understand having more than one page for content, but I wanted the site to be unique. I've only had the site up for a week, and in the past week I've had two contacts for web design, so some people apparently like the site the way it is. One job is actually a pretty large job, so I am excited!

While you and I know what an editor is, I find that the people I run into on a daily basis are really stupid. They need to be talked to like children, and that was my attempt to explain the editor/hand coding issue.

For example, I went on a technical support house call today ($50 USD per hour / which includes driving time), and the reason why the lady called me out to her house was so that she could have me help her find some files on her hard drive. The files were all in a folder directly on the C drive, and I found them in less than 1 minute. I told her I was charging her for an hour, and she gave me $75.00 because she was so happy. That lady would have no clue what an editor was.  ;D

On the other hand I'm not so impressed with my "essay" either... maybe I need a browser detector that serves up the stupid person content to IE users HA! (moron_index.php).

To be honest if you said "web page editor" she'd know what you mean... though if she paid someone $75 to find some files on her computer then i'd say she's not likely to be getting a website anytime soon.

But anyways .. after re-reading the text I can see it doesn't say excactly what I thought it said, but it still doesn't really make perfect sense.. I think they'd be more confused reading that than just saying what moberemk put.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.