Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smithaa02

How do you use ereg() to obtain multiple results?

I need to find all id's inserted into a collection of html files and am wondering how to do it. For example, my files may contain:

<a href='/display.php?id=[b]44[/b]'>link 1</a> ...html stuff... <a href='/display.php?id=[b]1101[/b]'>link 1</a> ...html stuff... <a href='/display.php?id=[b]999[/b]'>link 1</a>etc...

What I would hope to get as a result would be 44,1101,999.

I use the key [i]display\.php\?id=([^"]+)"[/i] with ereg(), but I only get the first result. How would I get all the id's for each html file?

[!--quoteo(post=361980:date=Apr 5 2006, 05:18 PM:name=smithaa02)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(smithaa02 @ Apr 5 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]361980[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I need to find all id's inserted into a collection of html files and am wondering how to do it. For example, my files may contain:

<a href='/display.php?id=[b]44[/b]'>link 1</a> ...html stuff... <a href='/display.php?id=[b]1101[/b]'>link 1</a> ...html stuff... <a href='/display.php?id=[b]999[/b]'>link 1</a>etc...

What I would hope to get as a result would be 44,1101,999.

I use the key [i]display\.php\?id=([^"]+)"[/i] with ereg(), but I only get the first result. How would I get all the id's for each html file?
[/quote]

have you tried 'preg_match_all' ?

[!--quoteo(post=362016:date=Apr 5 2006, 01:52 PM:name=redbullmarky)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(redbullmarky @ Apr 5 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]362016[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
have you tried 'preg_match_all' ?
[/quote]Thanks...that should do the trick.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.