Search Engines and PHP sites

sipickles

Hello,

I am new to PHP, but have found it very useful.

I've used it to simplify the build of my latest project, which is in beta at http://www.science-projects.org/2007.

My question relates to how search engines index PHP sites. Obviously, search engines will include the index.html file which kicks off the website, but will they be able to build links to deeper pages which are PHP generated?

Thanks

Simon

I am not sure what you are asking, but I am too a PHP noobie. I have learned over the years how search engines work. They use what we call "spiders" that search every page in their database that matches what ever key word you had entered. They use meta tags to label each page into categories and such.

If you where asking if search engines look for php pages, then yes they do. Just go to google and type "inurl: .php"

I hope I had answered your question.

-Lamez  :D

Hmm, those answers seem to contradict slightly, so I'll elaborate.

I've a page at the site called 'hub.php'

it takes a 'target' as a variable, which it uses to include the correct PHP file, containing details like which banner to use, text, image links etc. hub.php then builds the page according to the supplied variables:

hub.php?target=history/history1.php

The supplied page name is crosschecked against a list of allowed targets before executing an include, as a security measure.

If index.html has a link to hub.php?target=history/history1.php will a search engine spider to this address?

and if history1.php has a link to hub.php?target=history/history2.php will this link be followed too?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.