Need help with ID & PW get & verify

perficut

First off let me apologize if I am in the wrong forum.

I cant seem to find a program to do what I want, and I know it cant be that uncommon. I'm not a programmer but I have tried to learn what I can, and seem to be a quick learner.

Im looking for a way to password protect web pages within a single directory. I currently have mysql database perficut_mdsrcust which has two tables, one for customers, one for MDSRContractors . What I would like is to lock a directory to registered MDSRCOntractors. So im looking for a login script that will check to see if the user is currently listed in the MDSRContractors database. If so, it will get his ID and PW. If not it will direct him to the registration page.  If he is registered then it will let him through.  The script will also have to set a cookie to session length, this way he can go from one page to another within this secured directory without constantly logging in.

I have found a program HTML PASSWORD LOCK which seems to do a prety good job of locking individual html files, and or directories. However, it uses only the ID's & PW's I set in the configuration options.  It does not do anything to verify current membership or read/write to mysql.

Thanks for any help you can give.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.