chat config

omark

/** If users are to be automatically logged in - i.e., the login form
is NOT to be displayed, then set this variable to false. If this
variable is set to false, then you should pass a PHP variable to this
script called $name, which will be the user name in the chat room. */

I dont know whats the exact PHP variable i should input. I have a forum where people log-in with their email address and their password. They have an unique username too. When they go to the chat section their email address shows up as a nick. I want their USERNAME to show up instead of their EMAIL ADDRESS. Can anyone tell me how to write "$name" script to seek information from MYSQL and have USERNAME to replace EMAIL address in the chat room?

Also i am using MarcoMedia Shockwave Flash chat program. Users who are using Mozilla Firefox cant load the program. Is there any way I can add something within my program to have my Mozilla firefox brower users access this chat without any problem?

Thanks,
Any help will be great.

omark

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.