Design site, opinions desired.

musicmaker001

I made some changes to my site to get away from the typical look of graphic designer's web sites. Most of them are too institutional or in your face flashy for me. If you have suggestions or ideas, I'd love to hear them.

[a href=\"http://www.hoaxdesign.com\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.hoaxdesign.com[/a]

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]If you have suggestions or ideas, I'd love to hear them.[/quote]
OK.

The flash is irritating, apparently pointless, and serves only to distract.
The grammar and spelling needs to be carefully reviewed to correct the multiple errors.
The color scheme is unappetizing and overly dark.
Valid (x)html and CSS would be a reasonable expectation from a design company website.

[!--quoteo(post=362326:date=Apr 6 2006, 12:14 PM:name=AndyB)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(AndyB @ Apr 6 2006, 12:14 PM) [snapback]362326[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
OK.

The flash is irritating, apparently pointless, and serves only to distract.
The grammar and spelling needs to be carefully reviewed to correct the multiple errors.
The color scheme is unappetizing and overly dark.
Valid (x)html and CSS would be a reasonable expectation from a design company website.
[/quote]

I appreciate your comments very much.

I just went through the copy again and couldn't find the spelling errors though. What spelling errors did you find?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Website Starter Kit
Includes: First year Domain Reg. • 1 year of hosting • 3 pages, 1 picture/page • Up to 350 words/page • 3 email addresses
Starting at $285
Image Builder Package
Includes: 5 pages, 2 picture/page • 5 email addresses • Flash enhancements, CGI Form up to 10 fields • Submission to 5 major search engines(non-subscription)
Starting at $495
Custom Website Design
Includes: 8 or more custom pages • email addresses as needed • Flash developement, CGI/PERL/ASP/JSP/CSS • Submission to 10 major search engines(non-subscription)
Starting at $600[/quote]

I really hope that's not what I think it is.. 3 pages for 285 dollars?!

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I just went through the copy again and couldn't find the spelling errors though. What spelling errors did you find?[/quote]
I took another look, and I suspect that I was on cheap drugs when I made the spelling error comment. If they were there, I can't find them again. Apologies for making you check your copy that extra time.

To me the layout seems as if it is not quite right and the graphics are not the clean professionalism that I would expect from a design company. I am of course refering to the logo image. Then there is the price that was previously meantioned...drugs are bad...don't do drugs...The audio behind the site is in poor taste.

[!--quoteo(post=362343:date=Apr 6 2006, 03:56 PM:name=lpxxfaintxx)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(lpxxfaintxx @ Apr 6 2006, 03:56 PM) [snapback]362343[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I really hope that's not what I think it is.. 3 pages for 285 dollars?!
[/quote]

why's that?

[!--quoteo(post=362325:date=Apr 6 2006, 03:00 PM:name=musicmaker001)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(musicmaker001 @ Apr 6 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]362325[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I made some changes to my site to get away from the typical look of graphic designer's web sites. Most of them are too institutional or in your face flashy for me. If you have suggestions or ideas, I'd love to hear them.

[a href=\"http://www.hoaxdesign.com\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.hoaxdesign.com[/a]
[/quote]

There's a couple things I really don't like very much. I agree the flash is a little annoying. I don't really like the logo, especially for a graphic design company I'd expect more. The colors are not very appealing. The design itself is nothing ground breaking, which isn't bad, but it has some problems. For example on the whois and contact page it cuts off on my screen ( 1280 x 1024 ) and I hate that about sites that repeat only the left and right borders with no defining footer to end the page. Works fine if you content always extends to the bottom of the page, but otherwise no.

[!--quoteo(post=362483:date=Apr 7 2006, 06:17 AM:name=jcombs_31)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(jcombs_31 @ Apr 7 2006, 06:17 AM) [snapback]362483[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
why's that?
[/quote]

Well simply put. For the quality of work we see on the design company's own site, $285 is WAY more than a three page site is worth.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.