getting addres bar vars

WhiteHawk

Basically I'm building a php MMORPG or online game, now I have hit a small snag...

in order ot stop players cheating I have produced a large number of logs. n.p.

however one of the things I want to include is the address of the page that its currently on.

No problem you say...

[blockquote]$address = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];[/blockquote]

or

[blockquote]$address = __FILE__;[/blockquote]

unfortunately this doesn't store all I need it to. lets say for instance we're on train.php if we use any of the above methods it will work fine.

but if we're on train.php?step=pie then it will drop the vars and I'll just end up with train.php in the $address.

The idea is if someone was trying to cheat, e.g. train.php?step=pie&money=-1000 or something then it would be able to get the whole address so that when its inserted into the log I can see how people are modding any get vars that are used.

any help would be appreciated.

WhiteHawk.

Tehehe actually ran into this today trying to work that same problem backwards

Try

$var1 = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
$var2 = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'];
$var3 = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

Errr one of those three should do it, URI I believe

Side note
$var3 = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

Should be what you are looking for

Then if you need to strip off the extra what I used was ereg() though I am not sure if that is the best solution

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.