Round Two:

bgrizzlybear

I really appreciate all of your input on the first round. It really helped. I had wanted to make changes because I knew it wasn't finished, I just didn't know what I needed to change, and your comments showed me a lot of technical elements I needed to change as well. I've made improvements to it, and I think it's ready for round two of your comments. Tear it apart. [a href=\"http://www.branchingoutdesigns.com\" target=\"_blank\"]Branching Out Designs[/a]. Thanks.

I like how its simple and to the point, but I do agree that it feels empty with content.

two things that struck me...

1) your gradients on the left and right hand sides; they feel like they should be connecting to the top and bottom of the page. It just has a very abrupt end that doesn't feel right, at least to me.

2) your porfolio section. They thumbnail pictures, well I don't have to go into the big pictures to figure out what is in them. I would suggest making them slightly smaller and your large scale pictures no larger than 300-400 pixels high (if you plan on making this viewable at an 800x600 resolution).

Well those are the immediate things that pop out at me.

[code]</font></strong></font></strong>
... repeated another 150+ times!!
[/code]

Even if you make no other changes, for heaven's sake clean up your code.

The 'swoosh' in the header isn't very well formed, particularly on the right. The concept is fine; the execution is poor.

I'd throw away the image rollover menu and use a straightforward CSS menu to get the same effect with a ton less code and 100% accessibility. In fact, I'd recode the whole site and validate the html. The layout is simple enough that you should have no trouble using an all-CSS, tableless design that will be easier to maintain, run faster, be accessible, etc.

The lack of content needs to be addressed. A portfolio that just throws up a bunch of images doesn't do very much in the way of promoting your abilities. At least, make the images that are from web designs link to the web site itself. Tell us about the logos and CD labels - were they commissioned or done for a friend, etc.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.