need help on my script

pixeltrace

guys,

i need help, my css style is not being used that way i wanted it to be.
i am using this script for my newsletter sender. so when i send the newsletter
the output is different from the look that i wanted
below is the script that i am using for this application. hope you can help me with this.
===============
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body>
<?php
$to = "test@email.com";
$subject = "testsubject";
$headers = "From: test2@email.com\r\n";
$headers .= "Reply-To: test2@email.com\r\n";
$headers .= "Return-Path: test2@email.com\r\n";
$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";
$headers .= "Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1\r\n";

$message = "<html><head>";
$message .= "<body>";
$message .= "<style type =\"text/css\">p{.style1 {
font-size: 18px;
font-weight: bold;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color: #FFFFFF;
}
.style2 {
color: #666666;
font-size: 36px;
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
.style3 {
font-size: 12px;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
.style4 {
font-size: 14px;
}
.style5 {
color: #FF0000;
}
.style6 {
font-size: 10px;
}
.style7 {
color: #666666;
}
.style9 {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px;}
.style10 {
color: #FF0000;
font-family: Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px;
}</style>";
$message .= "</head><body>";
$message .= "
<table width=\"538\" border=\"1\" cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" bordercolor=\"#666666\">
<tr>
<td bgcolor=\"#FFBACC\"><div align=\"center\"><span class=\"style1\">The UST Conservatory of Music in cooperation with Equitable PCI Bank and MCO Foundation present</span></div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor=\"#FFFFCC\"><div align=\"center\" class=\"style2\">APPASIONATO</div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor=\"#FEF4F3\"><div align=\"center\"><span class=\"style3\">a thanksgiving concert featuring &quot;the tenor to watch&quot;, Rogelio Pe&ntilde;averde Jr., together with Prof. Najib Ismail, pianist, Prof. Julie Mendoza, pianist, and two of the most promising talents from the UST Conservatory, mezzo-soprano Rexceluz Evangelista and soprano Sharon Vicente.</span> </div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><div align=\"center\" class=\"style4\">APPASIONATO is on Saturday, April 8, 6pm, at the Francisco Santiago Hall of Equitable PCI Bank in Makati City. </div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor=\"#FEF4F3\"><div align=\"center\" class=\"style5\">Tickets are at P300 (regular) and P150 (students). </div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor=\"#FFFFCC\">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign=\"top\" bgcolor=\"#FDF3F2\"><span class=\"style6\">Pe&ntilde;averde has just been accepted to the Daniel Ferro Summer Vocal Program in Italy this July. A graduate of the UST Conservatory, he was under the tutelage of the late Maestra Salvacion Y&ntilde;iguez and Prof. Eugene de los Santos. He has been featured in various solo and ensemble performances by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, the Cultural Center of the Philippines, the Tribung Filipino Foundation, SinagTala, and the UST Conservatory. Some highlights of his professional music career include a solo performance at the 31st International Bamboo Organ Festival; his being one of the featured artists in Souvenirs de Filipinas, a CD compilation of the works of Francisco Santiago produced by SinagTala; and his performance at the Philippine Pavilion of the 2005 World Expo in Nagoya, Japan</span></td>
</tr>

<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><div align=\"center\"><span class=\"style7\">APPASIONATO is also brought in part by SinagTala.</span></div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><div align=\"center\"><span class=\"style9\">DONATIONS to help shoulder Mr. Pe&ntilde;averde's studies in Italy are greatly appreciated! </span></div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><div align=\"center\"><span class=\"style10\">For inquiries and reservations, please call 726 1297 or 0917 854 3989</span></div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
</table>
";
$message .= "</body></html>";

if ( mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers) ) {
echo "The email has been sent!";
} else {
echo "The email has failed!";
}
?>
</body>
</html>
===============

thanks in advance!

So...what is it doing and what do you want it to do ?

"...different from the look that i wanted..." doesn't help us much if we dont know what you do want.

[a href=\"http://khendar.awardspace.com/test/newsletter.html\" target=\"_blank\"]http://khendar.awardspace.com/test/newsletter.html[/a]

This is what I see at the moment (after fixing the problem WildTeen posted)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.