a strange problem help me out

nasirr

I m nasir a student
i got an assignment of making an activity monitor in which users have to fill the forms of their whole week activity they can save it edit it and submit to the manager.
1 one way is to do it with the mysql but in this form the user can add new rows and the users can add as many as row he/she want. e.g. for saturday user can add the e.g. 10 projects on which he worked. mean there can b many enteries for a day. and on the other hand when user submit his/her form to mananger , manager can reject it which can come back to the user again and again the process of editing starts. mean there can be at a time many pending rejected or even few aproved forms are available for the user . so i think i can not do it in mysql .

please guys can u tell me another option to do this.
waiting for an early reply

[!--quoteo(post=362516:date=Apr 7 2006, 09:54 AM:name=Nasir)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Nasir @ Apr 7 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]362516[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I m nasir a student
i got an assignment of making an activity monitor in which users have to fill the forms of their whole week activity they can save it edit it and submit to the manager.
1 one way is to do it with the mysql but in this form the user can add new rows and the users can add as many as row he/she want. e.g. for saturday user can add the e.g. 10 projects on which he worked. mean there can b many enteries for a day. and on the other hand when user submit his/her form to mananger , manager can reject it which can come back to the user again and again the process of editing starts. mean there can be at a time many pending rejected or even few aproved forms are available for the user . so i think i can not do it in mysql .

please guys can u tell me another option to do this.
waiting for an early reply
[/quote]

I would think mySQL would still be an ok decision...

[code]

table access_level{
   rin    INT(20);  // record identifier
   desc VARCHAR(31); // create access rows (admin, manager,student)
}

table user{
   rin INT(20); // record identifier
   m_rin INT(20);  // users manager's rin (to this table)
   al_rin INT(20); // access_level rin (admin,manager,student)
   name VARCHAR(31); // persons name
}

table project{
  rin INT(20); // record identifier
  o_rin  INT(20);  // owners Identifier (from user_table)
  r_rin   INT(20); // this is null unless under review by this users rin #
  rej_reason VARCHAR(20); // this is null unless a reject message is needed (optional item)
  c_rin   INT(20); // keep track of the original person who created the project
}
[/code]

Give or take information you need from each table... you can control access to information based on the access level. You can specify a persons manager (making it easy to populate the r_rin in the project table when it's time for the manager to review it).

When the manager rejects it.. well you just set r_rin back to null to have the report come back. If you decided to use the rej_reason.. at least you'll have something to throw to the user as to why his project was rejected. If not.. no problem.

When the manger accepts the project , then you can change the o_rin (owners rin) to be the manager himself. The manager will always know who originall created the project because the c_rin will keep that information.

When a user first creats a project for the very first time, you'll set the o_rin (owners rin) and c_rin (created by rin) to his rin # from the users table.

Does that make any sense?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.