Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

creativeforces

Email Form Problem

I am creating a job application email from in Flash MX and using php and I have two things I can't figure out.

First, how do I use flash's built in components like the combo box and the check boxes with my php. I know with input text you just assign it a variable but I am not sure how to get the components to work. For example below "state" is a combo box that lists all the states. I am not sure how to make the one they pick appear in my email with the other answers

Second, when I receive the emails from my application I just get the answeres to the questions. Is there anyway to make it so I can receive the question and answers in my email.

Here is the AS I have on my send button:

on (release) {
if (firstname eq "" or lastname eq "" or address eq "" or city eq "" or state eq "" or zip eq "" or phone eq "" or email eq "" or birthdate eq "" or soc eq "") {
stop();
} else {
loadVariablesNum("form.php", 0, "POST");
gotoAndStop(2);
}
}

and here is the PHP I have:

<?

$to = "XXXXXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com";
$msg = "$firstname\n\n";
$msg .= "$lastname\n\n";
$msg .= "$address\n\n";
$msg .= "$city\n\n";
$msg .= "$state\n\n";
$msg .= "$zip\n\n";
$msg .= "$phone\n\n";
$msg .= "$email\n\n";
$msg .= "$birthdate\n\n";
$msg .= "$soc\n\n";

mail($to, $subject, $msg, "From: XXXXXXXXXXX.com\nReply-To: $email\n");

?>

Thanks for the help.

See if this helps, $15.00 payable through PayPal for anyone who can make all this work. Deadlines, they make you do crazy things right.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.