XBOX 360

TheFilmGod

Alright. So XBOX 360 is ubber awesome.

- "I reject your reality and subsitute my own."

Today I was playing XBOX 360 and everything was awesome. I was playing GRAW 2 a shooting game when suddenly the disc starting ripping my xbox apart in a huge "AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG" sound. I quickly dove and shut it down. But I was too late. The XBOX did itself a sucide and will never play a game disc again.

I got pissed. First of all I pay $600 for it and within a few months the darn thing dies on me. So I called customer service. Their service did not shed any happiness either.

Right of the bat I was connected to a automated voice thing. Its where you say a command and it responds. Well I guess my voice sucks because everytime I gave it a command it was like "excuse me, can you repeat yourself."

So finally I got connected to a customer service rep. Well he was friendly but he was candian... Now I don't have anything against canada or candians but it was the first time I actually talked to one! And after every darn sentence he would go "EH?" I'm not kidding. This guy was super annoying.

"So unplug the console, Eh? Anymore questions, Eh?"

So I troubleshooted through all the steps and finally he says they'll ship me a box and I have to send them my console for repair! First of all, I cheerish my console greatly and sending my console for about 2 months is going to stricken me into depression for sure.

Damn it! If I only bought myself a PS3!!! Damn it!

Everyone I know that has bought a PS3 has returned it and bout a 360. Microsoft UK are currently reporting a 15 day turnaround on repairs - Mine died on me last week, so I sent it off and bought another one to use while it's away - I'll hook the repaired one up in the office in our media room when it comes back - Bit of Guitar Hero at work should be fun!

I got pissed. First of all I pay $600 for it and within a few months the darn thing dies on me. So I called customer service. Their service did not shed any happiness either.
You expected the xbox360 to be different from the other xboxes?

I will tell you that a PS3 is no where as good as an XBOX360. Of course you can argue with me, but that is my sole opinion.

Here's why:

XBOX360 graphics are good. But I still play on a 10 year old tv. I'm okay with PS2 graphics. H#LL, I'm good with playstation [one] graphics. As long as the game play is awesome. I don't understand the point of fantastic graphics, like seriously.

XBOX LIVE is a revolutionary era. Online play is awesome. And when halo 3 comes out it will shine. Of course Playstation always had and will have the better smoother computing and no limitations when it comes to awesome graphics and such, but nothing beats the old school online shooting games.

Those are my 2 cents. Sorry to say, but when I was 7 years old I was a huge fan of playstation. I would go out and buy a bunch of controllers. I think I had around 9 controllers in total. - Never used more than 2 at a time. 5 months ago when I saw the true bueaty of XBOX LIVE.

Since playing online games I don't have the attention span to play anything single player.  The only single player games I've actually finished since 1998 are:

Half Life 1 & 2

Final Fantasy X

Hmmm...wow...I think that's all of them.  I had fun with lots of games, GTA, Thief, Oblivion (although it's a buggy turd) and some RTS games come to mind; but I can't stomach playing any single player game for more than a week at an hour or two per day.

So for the large part I haven't really been into any consoles since 2000 or so.  So now you can play console games online but trying to play an FPS with those terrible controllers makes my head implode.

Keyboard + Mouse dominates any other form of control where quick reflexes are key, sports games being the only exception.

Mario Party 8 on wii is loads of fun but its hard to justify buying a wii just for that.

My poisons are FPS, RTS, and MMORP games.  In that area, console just doesn't offer anything over PC.

On a side note, I've heard a few people here and there bring up the physical activity induced by playing the wii because of it's motion sensor controllers.  While I agree that it at least gets people up and moving a bit, playing the wii is hardly a substitute for exercise.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously deluding themselves IMO.

Well, if I recall correctly (and I might be wrong) aren't you charged to play XBOX Live? At least on some games? PS3 is free, the graphics are great, i've had no problems out of mine, it has FREE online play, plus something like SIMS Online but free to all PS3 owners.  Anyways, Sony is way better than Microsoft in many aspects of gaming.  Hate to say it but Sony has been doing Gaming far longer than Microshit, and I see XBOX as a way for Microshit to try and get more market power because they are greedy and no longer happy with the fact that their shity operating system owns the market for 99% of all computers.

Well, if I recall correctly (and I might be wrong) aren't you charged to play XBOX Live? At least on some games? PS3 is free, the graphics are great, i've had no problems out of mine, it has FREE online play, plus something like SIMS Online but free to all PS3 owners.  Anyways, Sony is way better than Microsoft in many aspects of gaming.  Hate to say it but Sony has been doing Gaming far longer than Microshit, and I see XBOX as a way for Microshit to try and get more market power because they are greedy and no longer happy with the fact that their shity operating system owns the market for 99% of all computers.

Its pretty low you call microsoft "microshit". You are a moderator. I expected you to show a good precedent. I mean, even I don't go around call sony something like gay-ony.

Yes its true sony has been in the market longer. I will admit that I used to be a huge sony fan. I had ps1 and ps2. But xbox360  has some exclusive titles sony would love to get their hands on. The only great title awaiting sony fans is metal gears of solid 4. It is rumored that xbox might be given rights to that game too, since sony will fail to pay back all the money put toward the creation of the game.

gay-ony?! Did ya make that one up yourself? Seriously, i've heard mircoshit before but never gay-ony.  :-/  I guess I don't hear enough bad things about sony to know any of their hate-nicknames.  Anyways, on side note, just because I'm a moderator/admin/whatever doesn't mean I'm not allowed to voice my opinion about a company/software/politics/whatever. Want to know some of my other opinions?

I hate Bush and I'm ready to be out of office.

War On Terrorism is just another dominance/ego ploy

Barrack Obama, apart from being a bad canidate, has a low chance of winning because I feel that America is too racial. I'm not racial, I just don't like his views, but I've heard people say they will vote Hilary over him because he is black. 

I think it is wrong to not vote for someone just because of race/sex/whatever.  You should vote for them based on political views.

I think Hilary will be an excellent president. Apart from having good views, her husband was an excellent president so not only has she seen how it is done but she has him to help her out. 

I don't think it matters what Mr. Clinton done in his free time. He was a great Political president, in my opinion, so I don't care how many women sucked his cock in the oval office.

I think Microsoft is a horrible excuse for a company and all they care about is money.

See, a whole list. Just because I'm a moderator/admin/whatever doesn't mean I can't  have an opinion, and it doesn't mean I can't express it.  That is my views, take it or leave it.

Just because I'm a moderator/admin/whatever doesn't mean I can't  have an opinion, and it doesn't mean I can't express it.  That is my views, take it or leave it.

Ron, I don't think he means that you can't express your opinions, just that the profanity was less than necessary. (I agree, btw. Profanity of any kind is generally not necessary.)

And while they are all perfectly valid opinions, I'm not sure that politics should be discussed, due to their potential for flame wars.

One more thing: I hate microsoft just as much as the next man. But I'm not going to get started here... maybe some other time. :)

Well, while we're all sprouting opinions: I think everybody having a problem with the word shit should lock him/herself up and throw away the key.

Shit maybe an unappetizing thing to talk about, but so is barf. And sprouts (IMO :P). You don't hear anyone getting all worked up when people say those words do you?

"bad words" only have as much power over you as they let them. You get upset about shit but not poop? Grow up. It's a word. If you let it rile you up you're giving the person whfo said it AND the word power over you.

Exactly. It is just a word. A choice of words. I might get offended if someone said God in a sentence in a way like,

"My God this is hard."

Some people get offended on sentences like that, but you just have to remember each person views the world in a different manner, and some people uses words or phrases, or have ideas, that others might not agree with. You can't please everyone in the world, because when you try to please everyone else you forget to live and thus you have no self happiness.

"bad words" only have as much power over you as they let them. You get upset about shit but not poop? Grow up. It's a word. If you let it rile you up you're giving the person whfo said it AND the word power over you.

What has happen to all of you? I didn't get upset because he said "shit". Just thought that profanity is unnessary to express your opinion.

This topic is def. off topic. If any moderator has the least common sense, then please lock this topic. It's ugly when moderators go crazy writing shit and referring it to poop. Just shows how inmature you all are.

Children, children. This is unnecessary. This thread is locked.

An open letter to everybody: Just because someone says something that you disagree with doesn't mean that you have to respond, and it especially doesn't mean that you have to argue with them.