• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cfemocha

cfemocha
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:53 PM

Im trying to write a "Sales Chat" function where a customer clicks on a button to enable live chat with customer support.
Im not new to PHP but i have no idea how to approach this. Any help is appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

#2 jworisek

jworisek
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:43 PM

I don't think php is necessarily what you want to be using... You need something client side that checks for new messages. Java would probably be better suited for it I would imagine.

I suppose that you could have a framed html document and the "chat window" refreshed every 10 seconds or so by sending a query to a database. But I could see that being a real pain in the ass. Not to mention all those unnessecary queries to the database.

#3 cfemocha

cfemocha
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:58 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. Im not very familiar with Java and the constant queries to the database can really seemed to be a problem...

I see some forums that shows online/offline status for their msn/yahoo accounts. Im thinking of using MSN messenger as an alternative. does anyone know how i can show the status?

#4 lpxxfaintxx

lpxxfaintxx
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:04 PM

There were many tutorials on it, hold on let me find it. brb

edit: I found a class on it: [a href=\"http://phpclasses.promoxy.com/browse/package/1303.html\" target=\"_blank\"]http://phpclasses.promoxy.com/browse/package/1303.html[/a] Hope it helps.

#5 cfemocha

cfemocha
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:46 AM

thank you for your reply. Im still configuring the code downloaded from the link you suggested .. dont seem to work so far tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users