[SOLVED] uploading images to tables or to folders?

digitalgod

Hey guys,

I'm working on an admin panel that will control 2-3 shopping cart on different domains. I was wondering what to do when an admin uploads an image for an item, should it be stored in the db (easier access for the shopping carts) or have them stored on the ftp?

If they're stored on an ftp, how can I make a cart on a different domain read that image?

Hey guys,

I'm working on an admin panel that will control 2-3 shopping cart on different domains. I was wondering what to do when an admin uploads an image for an item, should it be stored in the db (easier access for the shopping carts) or have them stored on the ftp?

If they're stored on an ftp, how can I make a cart on a different domain read that image?

Ah, you've hit the actual problem... not fun having to replicate directory structures across machines.

well people can have the option of having their shopping cart on my dedicated server or they can have it on whatever server they want.

So my admin panel (hosted on my server) controls all of the other shopping carts, so if I upload an image it will be hosted on my domain (www.mysite.com/products/....)

The reason why I was asking whether I should upload the images on the server or in the db instead is because say I have 10 shopping carts that are connecting to that same db then I'm guessing it's going to take a lot of ressources and the images will either load really slow or just timeout....

But if I put them in folders, how will the other shopping carts display the images if they're on my server without showing that it's actually loading from there...

Everything is done already, the main admin panel, the affiliate system and the shopping carts, but I just need to figure out how to display the images...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.