Why Cant I POST In PHP HELP?

Yeah, we've been noticing this - I think someone mentioned that it's a IPB security feature that doesn't quite work all the way. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure how to get around it - the only thing I can suggest is to keep trying, or try a different forum.

[!--quoteo(post=362931:date=Apr 9 2006, 01:28 AM:name=neylitalo)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(neylitalo @ Apr 9 2006, 01:28 AM) 362931[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

Yeah, we've been noticing this - I think someone mentioned that it's a IPB security feature that doesn't quite work all the way. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure how to get around it - the only thing I can suggest is to keep trying, or try a different forum.

I'm getting the same error as well on the same form, that i dont' have permission to access index.php

Error 403

(just to let you know its hitting others too :) )

Unfortunately, we don't know either. We can only hope that the admins are working on a way to resolve it. In the mean time, I will express how sorry that we all are about the problems we've been facing.

I've noticed that if you can't post in PHP Help, you can sometimes post in PHP Newbie help. Most of us scan both, so asking in one will probably get the question answered.

Heres a tip for you guys. If you can't post your PHP code here. then copy 'n' paste your php code over at [a href=\"http://pastebin.com/\" target=\"_blank\"]Pastebin.com[/a].

Copy and paste your code into the form on the main page then fill in the name box and click Submit.

Once your code has been submitted it'll be shown all highlighted and lined numbered. Now copy the link in the address bar to here then just refer to link rather than posting your code when posting about your problem.

Hope that helps.

Heres an example:

[a href=\"http://pastebin.com/651488\" target=\"_blank\"]http://pastebin.com/651488[/a]

This link will show my posted code.

What you are seeing is ModSecurity in action. In the past, we've had our forums exploited because we customize our IPB installs and IPB releases new versions and the customizations are quite complex at times, so it comes down to when we have time to upgrade. It kind of sucks, but there's not much we can do.

So, when you get an Error 403 Forbidden or an Error 406 Not Acceptable, that means something in your POST Payload has caused a ModSecurity rule to prevent you from posting. It thinks you're trying to do an SQL Injection or a XSS injection.

The Pastebin is a good idea. We may put something like that up here sooner or later, but for now that's a good alternative.

Sorry for the troubles, but we can thank the idiots out there who like to exploit forum software and disrupt communities.

Regards,

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.