Virtual Zoom Airlines

maxudaskin

In order of my visit:

I open up the page and find a message warning me to switch my browser-this is bad because it both slows me down and isa pointless throwback to the Browser Wars of th 1990s.

After entering the site, I see a fairly simple template with what is frankly something of a mess of a front page. Without any clearly important part of the page to latch on to, the entire page confuses and scares me. I look around and spot some vague welcome text with words like PIREP and flight planning. I see some statistics that I don't care about, and move on to something more important. I see a bunch of empty boxes, so I move on to find some kind of about page. I haphazardly hit a link to an airline information button, which leads me to an unstyled 404 error. Being completely lost and disoriented, I leave and post this story.

In order of my visit:

I open up the page and find a message warning me to switch my browser-this is bad because it both slows me down and isa pointless throwback to the Browser Wars of th 1990s.

After entering the site, I see a fairly simple template with what is frankly something of a mess of a front page. Without any clearly important part of the page to latch on to, the entire page confuses and scares me. I look around and spot some vague welcome text with words like PIREP and flight planning. I see some statistics that I don't care about, and move on to something more important. I see a bunch of empty boxes, so I move on to find some kind of about page. I haphazardly hit a link to an airline information button, which leads me to an unstyled 404 error. Being completely lost and disoriented, I leave and post this story.

I experienced the same thing. What is this suppose to be about?

If you don't want to accommodate all browsers (e.g. Safari, Opera etc) at least make sure it works on FF and IE 6. You can't make a public website that doesn't work with the most used browser in the world (you can, obviously, but you know what I'm saying). Even if it does suck.

I don't know, I don't think it is that bad actually.  I like the colors, the header and logo are nice and things are properly spaced and proportioned in the content area.  If this is some kind of sim game or such then perhaps you could make use of your landing page, which currently serves no purpose and actually explain there what this site is all about.  I mean a person really would have no idea based on what you've presented.  Also you really should make this work in IE 6, still a very popular browser. You're top menu is all messed up in IE 6.  I believe there are some simple javascript fixes which will make your nested ul's work cross browser.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.