How to use yahoo SMTP server to send mails using PHP??

SZero

hi every1

i wanna know how to know yahoo SMTP server to send mails from my website, i don't mean the code, everything is fine with it but i get this message when i send:

SMTP server response: 530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/p... in E:\MYDOMAIN\www\index.php on line 24

i tried going to the website but didn't help, i also tried to change port to 465 but didn't work too

SMTP: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

PORT: 25

• 4 weeks later...

hey,

are you doing a application which require sending of mail to the user and you are making use of yahoo smtp to send the mail instead of having your own smtp server?? If that's the case, i'm having the same issue with u.

i been looking for a solution for this for ages 

I had a similar problem months back, after much research and testing. I worked out that even supplying a username and password for a public mail service, it still wont send mail for you, I tried atleast 20 mail service providers, and different programs and PHP scripts. None of which worked. The way I got it working was. Use SMTP on my webhost, if its provided to you, take advantage of it.  ;)

Regards ACE

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.