Where can I go to make a good, free website?

sahiba nanda

I have tried Tripod, Brave net, free webs, all of them. Some of them are better than others, but none of them seem to offer everything you need. Where is a good place to build a free templates website that offers free professional templates, message forum, guestbook, etc., and as much space/pages as it takes for me to get everything on my site that I need to build a small community/database about a certain topic?

I've tried loadsa free sites and found that none of them allow the <form> tag. They just tell you that forms aren't allowed and then cut that page off.

As mrAdam said - webspace/ftp and domains these days ain't that expensive and if you don't wanna invest in an ftp try something like esnip.com or whatever it's called. I dunno if it'll work though cos I've never used it.

So if you want something mega good, freewebs just ain't the place.

moving to Miscellaneous. Website Critique is for feedback on your own website that you already have.

ditto to the above comments - web hosting these days is so cheap that you can get a nice reliable package for only a couple of £ (or $, etc) a month. if that sounds unreasonable, then you probably shouldnt be doing what you're doing. the motivations behind getting a website up and running vary, but many generally involve either getting a voice out there (recognition) or earning money. Getting either of these accolades for free is, IMHO, undeserved, unrealistic, and doesnt happen in the real world away from the web, either.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.