echo str_pad("\n", 1024);
while (true)
{
echo "hihi<br />";
flush();
usleep(100000);
}
</code>

opera and IE6 will be able to run 2 windows where the script will run simaltaniously on both windows
firefox how ever will only load 1 script, and que teh 2nd window to load after the first window has finihsed loading... which of course will not happen.

i figure there is probably a way around this with headers similer to a download script

ok further testing i have conclued that firefox will not make the ezact same request simaltaniously in multiple windows
ie
GET /somepage.php
if you had this request in 2 windows on firefox it would que each window to load in a linear fasion
firefox will handle
GET /somepage.php?hmm
and
GET /somepage.php
at the same time.

download scripts take post/get data so firefox makes a seperate request and thus a downoad scirpt would be uneffected by this behavor

now i am not sure if it is possible at all to get firefox to do this

Can you explain why you want to do this? Web pages (HTML) is a stateless protocol and is not designed for continuous access. Perhaps you are trying to do something that is not in the HTML specs and IE just happens to work because it doesn't follow the specs as tightly as FF.

Ken

ive uesd a streaming inline frame to dynamily update content in real time
for example a chat script.

im doing something that all the current browsers are comfortable with, keeping alive connection and rendering content as it comes in
its an issue with just 1 aspect of firefox's procedure taht is handling an operating that doesnt have nor require any W3C standered etc.

normaly i woulndt want a single client to be runnin multiple instances of the same script simaltaniously, and if i did for some reason then i could get around it by altering the query

i was merely curious if anyone new how to get around this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.