School Site

TheFilmGod

Its not a template I would use, but I do think it looks good! I love the navigation.

Why woulnd't it be a template you would use? Its not a template, its something I made. Sure it looks generic and simple but its a school site, and my school has some  old computers... LOL!

It's pretty ugly, honestly. The header is a poorly compressed JPEG, and the big blue bars on the sides just don't work. Once you get below the header, the site just goes flat-no real graphical touches or organization seems present; a few borders and background colors would have helped clarify grouping on this page.

The news bar on the right is good, but the left side is disorganized and seemingly has no specific purpose. Remember, the more there is on a page, the less focus there is on the individual elements on a page. Finally, you should run the text through the spell checker; there are more then a few typos and grammatical mistakes on these pages.

It's pretty ugly, honestly. The header is a poorly compressed JPEG, and the big blue bars on the sides just don't work. Once you get below the header, the site just goes flat-no real graphical touches or organization seems present; a few borders and background colors would have helped clarify grouping on this page.

The news bar on the right is good, but the left side is disorganized and seemingly has no specific purpose. Remember, the more there is on a page, the less focus there is on the individual elements on a page. Finally, you should run the text through the spell checker; there are more then a few typos and grammatical mistakes on these pages.

I have to disagree. There is organization. On the homepage, the left side has a picture, a title describing the links and then the links. It's very simple.

Of course, this is your opinion, and I respect it.

Anyway else? Critique welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a big fan. You need to come up with some gridlines in the layout.  Seems like things are not placed very well and it just doesn't flow as it should.  The graphical elements look pretty bad in my opinion. That aside, you seem to have two columns that are pretty much split down the middle.  It makes it confusing as to where the main body of the page should be.  The main page is very confusing, you have news on the right, what is the stuff on the left? Why a news page when news is on the front page? Student council should not be abbreviated, I didn't know what SC was until I clicked on it. The important thing about a school site is information.  IT should be clear and easy to find what you are looking for.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.