version control and teamwork

nadeemshafi9

hello everyone

i am working on a large application in my team, we need a solution to allow us to work on the live site at the same time without conflict.

we have come accross 2 options so far, Subversion and Adobe Version Cue we have also looked at the built in fetures of dreamweaver.

my question is are we looking at the right stuff and which one is the best.

what we whant to avoid is two team members working on one file and canceling out eachothers work by overwriting it.

Thanks for any sugestions anybody

i would also like to know this.i have come acrossed this problem before but what i did was make everybody who was working on it go into an IRC channel while they work,and give constant updates as to what they are working on if there was more then one person working at a time. our website was big enough to have several people work on it at once without conflict

im guessing by svn u mean subversion, and yes that is exactly what we whant to do. I have heard about extentions in dreamweaver hat do this, they lock the file using there own file in the website, if you hve any info on them please tell me (the dreamweaver file locking extention) and also tell me if i should use this over subversion and why or why not.

Thanks you have been very helpfull

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.