*SOLVED* Functions Embeded into HREF?

dcyuri7

Here's my problem:
I need to go from href links, to php handled functions.
There has to be a way to do this.
Of course I can use ?<var>=<data> in the url, but what if I just want to execute a function when the user clicks on an href?

Ill be more specific to my problem... I am using switch statements to handle which page to include, by storing the next location to goto using SESSION variables. I want the user to be able to click on a link(HTML HREF) and for it to set the SESSION variable to the next location accordingly.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

PHP is processed by the server and so a request must be made to the server for the PHP to be processed. You cannot run a PHP function as soon as you click a link, like you can do with Javascript. However you can do this with the aid of AJAX.

Head over to AJAXFreaks.com for more info on AJAX or by going through the [a href=\"http://www.ajaxfreaks.com/tutorials/1/0.php\" target=\"_blank\"]AJAX Introduction tutorial[/a].

That is the only way to do what you want to do.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.