Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adamjnz

**SOLVED** PHP Calculation Help Please

Is it possible to use PHP to sum some numbers for a table column?

I am using dreamweavers "repeat region" feature to give a line total for each record in a db table. The line total isn't stored in the database it is calulated on the page.

Is there a way to add a total at the the bottom of the column or am I trying to do the impossible?

Not in PHP but I believe the MySQL call you want is something like this:
[code]$query=mysql_query("SELECT SUM(totals) FROM scores WHERE `player`='alive'");[/code]

[!--quoteo(post=363271:date=Apr 10 2006, 11:54 PM:name=Yesideez)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Yesideez @ Apr 10 2006, 11:54 PM) [snapback]363271[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Not in PHP but I believe the MySQL call you want is something like this:
[code]$query=mysql_query("SELECT SUM(totals) FROM scores WHERE `player`='alive'");[/code]
[/quote]

But the values I want to sum arent in the DB, they are calculated by PHP on the actual page

Can you post the code as it exists now?

Ken

[!--quoteo(post=363305:date=Apr 11 2006, 02:59 AM:name=kenrbnsn)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(kenrbnsn @ Apr 11 2006, 02:59 AM) [snapback]363305[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Can you post the code as it exists now?

Ken
[/quote]

Thanks but I have worked it out now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.