Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

howzat

After 4 days of attempts... my cry is "HELP!"

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I hope you can help....



Im trying to setup a website and have installed something called DeveloperSide which has installed MySQL, Apache2,
and phpMyAdmin.
To a point all went well... I am able to load the home page (as I've put the new index.php file as my own page) and
I am able to view:

localhost/stats
localhost/phpMyAdmin
localhost/server-status
localhost/server-info
localhost/perl-status
localhost/private
localhost/phpinfo.php

so all seems well on the server side, the SQL side and the PHP5 sides. But, when I try to click on any of the 3
language flags I have within my index.php page I get what seems to be a listing of my main.php file which is supposed to
control the language. This simply appears within the web browser as a long string of text without the formatting
it appears to have within notepad.

I've checked that the php.ini file and the my.ini file are present in c:/Windows and the nec. modules are activated.


However, I don't know a great deal about this myself (only what Ive picked up in the last 4 days) so any help anyone could
offer would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
howzat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I assume you are using windows...

I would suggest you download and install XAMPP instead...

It has PHP5, Apache2 and MySQL along with Mercury Mail Server, and PHPMyAdmin all rolled up together... If I didn't use that or something simular, I would take the time and learn how to use IIS instead...

If you are on a *Nix box, the never mind...


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.