Photo

Need a Break? Lets Play Battlefiled 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 phpfreak

phpfreak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 527 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:58 PM

At The Web Freaks, we work in an office all day. We also like to play games. So, we've setup a Battlefield 2 Server and a Teamspeak server at the following address: bf2.serverpowered.com

If you've got the latest Battlefiled 1.22 and TeamSpeak, feel free to join us at that address. The server is 24 x 7 and we usually jump on in the afternoons and play for a bit.

Hope to see you there! Oh, and My BF2 Nick is W3bFreakEric

Eric 'phpfreak' Rosebrock
Got LAMP?
http://www.Phpfreaks.com Founder

#2 phpfreak

phpfreak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 527 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:43 PM

Got LAMP?

#3 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:09 PM

[!--quoteo(post=363376:date=Apr 10 2006, 01:43 PM:name=phpfreak)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(phpfreak @ Apr 10 2006, 01:43 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]

that rocks! i haven't been able to justify getting BF2 quite yet since i never have much time for net games anymore, but if i know you guys are all playing, i might just have to go out and get it!

how often do you find you guys are on, eric?
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#4 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:12 PM

Now if you said Counter-Strike: Source or Day of Defeat: Source - I'd be game! Not really a fan of Battlefield 2, played the online demo and never really got into it...

#5 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:16 PM

[!--quoteo(post=363402:date=Apr 10 2006, 03:12 PM:name=SemiApocalyptic)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SemiApocalyptic @ Apr 10 2006, 03:12 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Now if you said Counter-Strike: Source or Day of Defeat: Source - I'd be game! Not really a fan of Battlefield 2, played the online demo and never really got into it...
[/quote]

hehe... hey, if you really want to just have a free-for-all, break out quake 3 arena or UT2K4... i'd definitely be game then!!!
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#6 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

I'm TOTALLY in Eric... but there's no way I can play in the middle of the afternoon unless I skip out of work.

Is this a ranked server or non-ranked? My handle is "ober0330".... surprise, surprise. I'm so boring.

I'll have to look you up on bf2tracker or bf2s.com

I have about 24000 global points... what do the rest of you have?

Info: PHP Manual

#7 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:51 PM

[!--quoteo(post=363406:date=Apr 10 2006, 08:16 PM:name=obsidian)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(obsidian @ Apr 10 2006, 08:16 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
hehe... hey, if you really want to just have a free-for-all, break out quake 3 arena or UT2K4... i'd definitely be game then!!!
[/quote]
Yep! Except I lent my Q3 disc to a friend and never got it back :( Although I still have my UT2004 :)

#8 phpfreak

phpfreak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 527 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:58 PM

[!--quoteo(post=363410:date=Apr 10 2006, 03:42 PM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ Apr 10 2006, 03:42 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I'm TOTALLY in Eric... but there's no way I can play in the middle of the afternoon unless I skip out of work.

Is this a ranked server or non-ranked? My handle is "ober0330".... surprise, surprise. I'm so boring.

I'll have to look you up on bf2tracker or bf2s.com

I have about 24000 global points... what do the rest of you have?
[/quote]

Hi,

Yes, its a ranked server. I usually play at night time too, around 8 - 10 PM for about an hour or so. If we can start packing some people on to this server, then it will become popular and we can get points. It requires 6 players minimum to start a round. I might catch you tonight! Definate get teamspeak though: [a href=\"http://goteamspeak.com\" target=\"_blank\"]http://goteamspeak.com[/a]

Got LAMP?

#9 akitchin

akitchin
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:41 PM

oh you lucky ones, who have computers powerful enough to run Battlefields 2 with any appreciable quality.

my economy-line ATI card doesn't much care for the demo of it.

#10 phpfreak

phpfreak
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 527 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:03 PM

[!--quoteo(post=363475:date=Apr 10 2006, 06:41 PM:name=akitchin)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(akitchin @ Apr 10 2006, 06:41 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
oh you lucky ones, who have computers powerful enough to run Battlefields 2 with any appreciable quality.

my economy-line ATI card doesn't much care for the demo of it.
[/quote]

Yeah its pretty damn intense. My home computer's got 1 GB XMMS Pro Memory and P4 2.8 GHZ with an ATI Radeon x1600 pro video card. Even after I play, my computer is useless for about 2 minutes until the resources unload!

Anyways, I'll be on the server. If by chance I'm not there when you join, I'll be watching rcon on BF2CC and I'll join up shortly.

Woot.
Got LAMP?

#11 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:10 PM

Yeah... you have to have a pretty hot machine to run it.

My specs:

P4 3.4GHz LGA775
2GB DDR400 (and BF2 gets into about 1.6GB of that)
Nvidia 7800 GT
2 x 120 SATA drives
Triton Headphones

And you can't game without a Razer mouse and mousepad!

#12 Kris

Kris
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:33 PM

Hmmm, I might have to grab the demo again and give it another try - Or I might just buy it, its going for less than £20 over here now anyway.

#13 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:15 PM

It really is a great game. Just be prepared to download a ton of patches. :-/

#14 neylitalo

neylitalo
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:37 PM

I can't afford BF2 (or have the OS to run it on - I use Linux), but like SA and obsidian said, if you had a UT2K4 server, I'd be all over that! :D
http://nealylitalo.net - My personal website, and home of The Netizen's Journal.

#15 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:58 AM

I was on bf2s.com last night checking out their files list and they had a map/mod for a flight test map (modified version of Wake Island) with 6 carriers, 4 jets and 4 choppers on each. If that's not cool enough, they all had special skins. The F-15 had the Blue Angel skin (which looked awesome) and everything else looked special too. I screwed around with it for about 20 min. Pretty cool if you ask me.

:)

#16 poirot

poirot
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:26 AM

Yo, my nick is "Churrasco_2" or "Purple.He4rt" (originally a test account)...

I just played again today after 1 month or so inactive... Got 3 medals in 3 rounds, B.R. 107 pts, 53 kills/ 4 deaths.

Conclusion: Nothing's changed, the A.P.C. still rule Karkand.
~ D Kuang

#17 jbog91

jbog91
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:27 AM

I'd be playin with yall but the computer that can run it at my dad's house is on a slow connection with high latency(satelite) and the one that can't is on a good connection.(cable)

Hope yall have fun.

#18 Mortier

Mortier
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:17 PM

Cool I'll check the server out im a complete bf2-addict lol :)

#19 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:53 AM

I checked out the server last night... 31/32 players. I wasn't a huge fan of the map, so I went and played some Euro Forces instead. Good to know it's an active server however!

#20 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:26 PM

I showed up friday night and Eric was in there with one other person on the other team. I think they were squatting, because I didn't see anyone else in there and Eric didn't respond to my messages. I've seen the server packed before, but it wasn't on a map I was interested in at the time.

I did have a 1 hour long battle on Kubra last night though... it was KICKASS. I was commander for the US and it was neck and neck for a while... we ended up winning by about 53 or something.