Need a Break? Lets Play Battlefiled 2

At The Web Freaks, we work in an office all day. We also like to play games. So, we've setup a Battlefield 2 Server and a Teamspeak server at the following address: bf2.serverpowered.com

If you've got the latest Battlefiled 1.22 and TeamSpeak, feel free to join us at that address. The server is 24 x 7 and we usually jump on in the afternoons and play for a bit.

Hope to see you there! Oh, and My BF2 Nick is W3bFreakEric

[!--quoteo(post=363376:date=Apr 10 2006, 01:43 PM:name=phpfreak)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(phpfreak @ Apr 10 2006, 01:43 PM) 363376[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

that rocks! i haven't been able to justify getting BF2 quite yet since i never have much time for net games anymore, but if i know you guys are all playing, i might just have to go out and get it!

how often do you find you guys are on, eric?

[!--quoteo(post=363402:date=Apr 10 2006, 03:12 PM:name=SemiApocalyptic)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SemiApocalyptic @ Apr 10 2006, 03:12 PM) 363402[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

Now if you said Counter-Strike: Source or Day of Defeat: Source - I'd be game! Not really a fan of Battlefield 2, played the online demo and never really got into it...

hehe... hey, if you really want to just have a free-for-all, break out quake 3 arena or UT2K4... i'd definitely be game then!!!

I'm TOTALLY in Eric... but there's no way I can play in the middle of the afternoon unless I skip out of work.

Is this a ranked server or non-ranked? My handle is "ober0330".... surprise, surprise. I'm so boring.

I'll have to look you up on bf2tracker or bf2s.com

I have about 24000 global points... what do the rest of you have?

[!--quoteo(post=363406:date=Apr 10 2006, 08:16 PM:name=obsidian)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(obsidian @ Apr 10 2006, 08:16 PM) 363406[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

hehe... hey, if you really want to just have a free-for-all, break out quake 3 arena or UT2K4... i'd definitely be game then!!!

Yep! Except I lent my Q3 disc to a friend and never got it back :( Although I still have my UT2004 :)

[!--quoteo(post=363410:date=Apr 10 2006, 03:42 PM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ Apr 10 2006, 03:42 PM) 363410[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

I'm TOTALLY in Eric... but there's no way I can play in the middle of the afternoon unless I skip out of work.

Is this a ranked server or non-ranked? My handle is "ober0330".... surprise, surprise. I'm so boring.

I'll have to look you up on bf2tracker or bf2s.com

I have about 24000 global points... what do the rest of you have?

Hi,

Yes, its a ranked server. I usually play at night time too, around 8 - 10 PM for about an hour or so. If we can start packing some people on to this server, then it will become popular and we can get points. It requires 6 players minimum to start a round. I might catch you tonight! Definate get teamspeak though: [a href=\"http://goteamspeak.com\" target=\"_blank\"]http://goteamspeak.com[/a]

[!--quoteo(post=363475:date=Apr 10 2006, 06:41 PM:name=akitchin)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(akitchin @ Apr 10 2006, 06:41 PM) 363475[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

oh you lucky ones, who have computers powerful enough to run Battlefields 2 with any appreciable quality.

my economy-line ATI card doesn't much care for the demo of it.

Yeah its pretty damn intense. My home computer's got 1 GB XMMS Pro Memory and P4 2.8 GHZ with an ATI Radeon x1600 pro video card. Even after I play, my computer is useless for about 2 minutes until the resources unload!

Anyways, I'll be on the server. If by chance I'm not there when you join, I'll be watching rcon on BF2CC and I'll join up shortly.

Woot.

Yeah... you have to have a pretty hot machine to run it.

My specs:

P4 3.4GHz LGA775

2GB DDR400 (and BF2 gets into about 1.6GB of that)

Nvidia 7800 GT

2 x 120 SATA drives

Triton Headphones

And you can't game without a Razer mouse and mousepad!

• 2 weeks later...

I was on bf2s.com last night checking out their files list and they had a map/mod for a flight test map (modified version of Wake Island) with 6 carriers, 4 jets and 4 choppers on each. If that's not cool enough, they all had special skins. The F-15 had the Blue Angel skin (which looked awesome) and everything else looked special too. I screwed around with it for about 20 min. Pretty cool if you ask me.

:)

Yo, my nick is "Churrasco_2" or "Purple.He4rt" (originally a test account)...

I just played again today after 1 month or so inactive... Got 3 medals in 3 rounds, B.R. 107 pts, 53 kills/ 4 deaths.

Conclusion: Nothing's changed, the A.P.C. still rule Karkand.

• 2 weeks later...

I showed up friday night and Eric was in there with one other person on the other team. I think they were squatting, because I didn't see anyone else in there and Eric didn't respond to my messages. I've seen the server packed before, but it wasn't on a map I was interested in at the time.

I did have a 1 hour long battle on Kubra last night though... it was KICKASS. I was commander for the US and it was neck and neck for a while... we ended up winning by about 53 or something.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[!--quoteo(post=363623:date=Apr 11 2006, 01:10 PM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ Apr 11 2006, 01:10 PM) 363623[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

Yeah... you have to have a pretty hot machine to run it.

My specs:

P4 3.4GHz LGA775

2GB DDR400 (and BF2 gets into about 1.6GB of that)

Nvidia 7800 GT

2 x 120 SATA drives

Triton Headphones

And you can't game without a Razer mouse and mousepad!

I love the 7800 GT - a great card for the price.

My computer:

P4 3.06GH\

1GB DDR400

nVidia 6800 [256mb] (hoping to get myself a 7900, but would settle for a 7800, the 6800 is quite pathetic)

The laptop I just ordered

Pentium M 1.7gHz

1GB DDR400

ATI x200 [128mb]

Neither are quite up to BF2 at full speed, but CS:S runs okay and they do most things fine :P. Right now TalkTalk won't let it through though (port blockers, trying to get it fixed two), so I play Wolfenstein, Enemy Territory. It doesn't have the same graphics, but a helluva lot of fun.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.