Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shocker-z

last 5minutes

please help me i've gone brain dead!

Whats the SQL statement to get records from past 5 minutes from table, im using a datetime field..

I know it's easy but i had a search and can't find it and in 2 days of work i've locked myself out of 2 booking programs 5 times! think im ill! lol i even wrote the passwords down and put them next to the wrong accounts..

Thanks in advance :)

[code]SELECT * FROM tablexyz WHERE date_time_field < '" . date("whatever_format", strtotime("5 minutes ago")) . "' [/code]

$guests=mysql_query("SELECT count(*) AS `guest_count` FROM hits WHERE member = 'guest' AND `page` = '$page_name' AND datetime < '" . date("Y-m-d H:i:s", strtotime("5 minutes ago"))."'") or die (mysql_error());

i also tryed date("YmdHis",

How come that's still showing all records? I think that i have got the wrong idea with the date("Y-m-d H:i:s", bit?
This is how the datetime stamp is in my tabel: 2006-04-11 09:38:00

**SOLVED**
$guests=mysql_query("SELECT count(*) AS `guest_count` FROM hits WHERE member = 'guest' AND `page` = '$page_name' AND DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 5 MINUTE) < datetime") or die (mysql_error());

working a treat :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.