[SOLVED] Confirm Box?

ayok

It doesn't look to me like you're using the code I gave you.

Your function

function disp_confirm(){
    var name=confirm("Benar2 mau dihapus?")
    if (name==true){
        window.location.href = "delete.php?id=1";
    }
    else{
	return true;
	}
}

The one I gave you

function disp_confirm(){
    var msg = "Do you really want to delete this?";
    if (confirm(msg)){
        window.location.href = "delete.php?id=<?php echo $datakategori['id_cat'];?>";
    }
    return false;
}

Your links

<a href='' onclick='disp_confirm()'>delete</a>

The links I gave you

<a href='' onclick='return disp_confirm();'>delete</a>

In the interest of getting this solved:

<?php
$show = mysql_query("SELECT service.*,category.name FROM service LEFT JOIN category on service.category=category.id_cat WHERE category='$id'") or die(mysql_error());
echo "<table border=0><tr bgcolor='#D0DCE0'><th>Service</th><th>Description</th><th>Duration (minutes)</th><th>Prices</th></tr>";

while (($data = mysql_fetch_array($tampil)) && (mysql_num_rows($tampil) > 0))
    {
        echo "<tr>";
        echo "<td bgcolor='#D47FFF'>$data[name_serv]</td>";
        echo "<td bgcolor='#FF55FF'>$data[desc_serv]</td>";
        echo "<td bgcolor='#D47FFF'>$data[minutes]</td>";
        echo "<td bgcolor='#FF55FF'>$data[price]</td>";
        echo "<td><a href='' onclick='return disp_confirm()'>delete</a><br><a href=edit_service.php?id=$data[id_serv]>edit</a></td></tr>";
    }
    echo "</table>";
}?>

<script type="text/javascript">
function disp_confirm(){
    if (confirm(msg)){
        window.location.href = "delete.php?id=<?php echo $datakategori['id_cat']; ?>";
    }
    return false;
}
</script>

You have one major problem

You have one function to delete more than one record, but it only have one ID variable.

Your delet link should be in the a tag (not in the function). Here is the easiest way to create a confirm for deletion

<?PHP
echo "<a href=\"delete.php?id=".$datakategori['id_cat']."\" onclick=\"return confirm('are you sure you want to delete?');\">Delete</a>";
?>

In the interest of getting this solved:

<?php
$show = mysql_query("SELECT service.*,category.name FROM service LEFT JOIN category on service.category=category.id_cat WHERE category='$id'") or die(mysql_error());
echo "<table border=0><tr bgcolor='#D0DCE0'><th>Service</th><th>Description</th><th>Duration (minutes)</th><th>Prices</th></tr>";

while (($data = mysql_fetch_array($tampil)) && (mysql_num_rows($tampil) > 0))
    {
        echo "<tr>";
        echo "<td bgcolor='#D47FFF'>$data[name_serv]</td>";
        echo "<td bgcolor='#FF55FF'>$data[desc_serv]</td>";
        echo "<td bgcolor='#D47FFF'>$data[minutes]</td>";
        echo "<td bgcolor='#FF55FF'>$data[price]</td>";
        echo "<td><a href='' onclick='return disp_confirm()'>delete</a><br><a href=edit_service.php?id=$data[id_serv]>edit</a></td></tr>";
    }
    echo "</table>";
}?>

<script type="text/javascript">
function disp_confirm(){
    if (confirm(msg)){
        window.location.href = "delete.php?id=<?php echo $datakategori['id_cat']; ?>";
    }
    return false;
}
</script>

Hi roopurt,

Thank you for being so patient to help me to solve my problem ;). This is what I found.

the links should be "delete.php?id=<?php echo $data['id_serv']; ?>"; I want to delete the service item, not the category. I don't know why I used that $datakategori variable. Anyway, I've changed the links to "$data['id_serve]".

However, it keeps getting the links of $datakategori variable. Its probably getting confused because the link is outside the php code. So, nogray is right. Thanks for your code. It's working now.

Thank you,

ayok

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.