multi curl - mCURL and Timeout in PHP5

sbutt

Hello Guys,

I have heard that in php5 there is a built in support for mCURL or in other words it is possible to open multiple parallel connections with different feeds/urls?

Now if the above is true then somebody please also tell me if it is possible to set a timeout (in millisecond) for each single connection as opposed to set a global timeout connection for all the feeds?

In Nutt-shell, I want to find out, how this mCURL feature (if possible) handles timeouts on a single feed level?

Any small code snippet help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank you indeed for your help!

Have you by any chance heard of 'curl_easy_setopt()', becuase it has this parameter 'CURLOPT_TIMEOUT_MS' that can be used to provide timeout in millisecond.

But when i do that i get the error : Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_easy_setopt() ..

my current curl version is: curl=/opt/curl-7-15-3.

I tried to find out curl release verion that contains curl_easy_setopt() but no success :(

that's correct that 7.17.0, is the most recent version but it would be nice (just out of curiosity!) to know in which curl version 'cury_easy_setopt()' was introduced or in other words with which i can use: curl_easy_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT_MS, 0);'

Again it's just out of curiosity!

Hi Folks,

I'm using PHP 5.2.4 with curl-7.17.0 patch. Now when I run this following small code snippet, 

<?php
// create both cURL resources
$ch1 = curl_init();
$ch2 = curl_init();

// set URL and other appropriate options
curl_easy_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_URL, "http://www.example.com/");
curl_easy_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 5);
curl_easy_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);

curl_setopt($ch2, CURLOPT_URL, "http://www.php.net/");
curl_setopt($ch2, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 5);
curl_setopt($ch2, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);

//create the multiple cURL handle
$mh = curl_multi_init();

//add the two handles
curl_multi_add_handle($mh,$ch1);
curl_multi_add_handle($mh,$ch2);

$running=null;
//execute the handles
do {
curl_multi_exec($mh,$running);
if($running == 0){
echo "Suleman";    
echo "||";
echo $running;
}
} while ($running > 0);

//close the handles
curl_multi_remove_handle($mh,$ch1);
curl_multi_remove_handle($mh,$ch2);
curl_multi_close($mh);

?> 

I get this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_easy_setopt() ..at line 7.

Now could anybody please tell me how can i use 'curl_easy_setopt()' function with "CURLOPT_TIMEOUT" option?

The default curl_setopt() method with simple timeout param provides timeout value only in seconds, where as i want to set the value for the timeout in milliseconds. And i'm opening parallel connections to the urls (multi curl).

thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.