PHP vs Cold Fusion with MS SQL 2005 server

kye

My employer has a MS 2000 network system and has just purchased MS SQL 2005 Server software. I am having a debate with the network admin over whether to use PHP5.x (which I am fairly familiar with - using MySQL) or to get Cold Fusion. I have downloaded CF's free developer version and it looks to me like a shortcut to developement (with many options that I am used to NOT available!) My network admin argues that PHP is not such a friendly environment with MS SQL 2005 as it is with MySQL. The network admin doesn't really know PHP at all and I suspect that he just wants to get CF so that he can keep himself in the loop re developement. I have been given the task of developing the data serving portion of the new web site that is about to be deployed. Is he correct that we should go with the Cold Fusion, or is PHP on MS SQL not really that bad????

I see many similarities with asp.net and cold fusion not sure if it's the same with cold fusion but once your used to that invironment it's all about rapid development which means you can write your program pretty fast. The downside of cold fusion is that it is very expensive to have a coldfusion server running. But if you ask me you should only use cold fusion if you're running a site where flash is used a lot or you use flex. Other then that I don't really see the point of using cold fusion. As for what database you're running it doesn't really matter what serverside language you are using

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.