Tables in PHP and Dreamweaver

I am having trouble using includes.

I have my first PHP file which contains the header and navigation.

Now I want to add content so I create a new page and when I type the Include code in it all works fine.

I want to create another layout table though but it wont let me.

I want it to look like this page http://www.davzie.com/main.php

Dreamweaver doesn\'t actually let me drag a new layout table underneath header and to the right of navigaion, any help would be hot, :)!

if i were you, i would learn all your coding, and learn to do it by hand.

if you depend on programs all the time, you will soon run into problems when you want to customize pre-existing things, and when you want to make complex websites.

you will find you get better at not leaving loose ends lying around in your code, and you will be in much better control of how your page looks and reacts.

Is there a web design program that will allow you to integrate your php scripts like what he was talking about easier then dreamweaver can?

-Ermer

Not that I know of. The reason Dreamweaver or frontpage can do what they do, is that html is processed clientside, so it\'s feasible to include a full fledged html parser. If you think about what Dreamweaver and Frontpage do: they\'re basically HTML code generators, that provide a wysiwig interface.

PHP is an interpreted server side include language. A function that for example, reads information from a database, fills variables, opens a template and does search and replace, and finally runs the result through evaluate() has no corresponding visual counterpart. In order for that to make any sense to a visual design tool. In the client server world, there are Fourth generation languages like visual basic, Gupta SQLWindows or Delphi, that do for those languages what Dreamweaver does for html.

However those products do something that is non-trivial: they create client server enabled windows applications. In regards to php, creating an html application just isn\'t that complicated to warrant the lengths someone would have to go to to create a wysiwig php generator, nor would I guess is the market sufficient to support the price one would have to charge to recoup the substantial development investment. The LAMP environment isn\'t that popular in the fortune 500.

I think that the problem is templates, and knowing more about them, not a problem with php in Dreamweaver. My experience with templates in DMX is that they are great, but not well explained. I suggest going to the bookstore and looking at, \"Dreamweaver MX Templates\".

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.