Dreamweaver MX Recordset Navigation

Hi, is there anyone who can please help me here?

I'm trying to get my recordset to display my database records page by page. I've installed the Recordset Nav Bar beneath the Repeating Region and the first page displays fine, but the second (next) page refuses to display any records, with just one empty table cell.

I've been tearing what's left of my hair out with this one as I just can't figure it out! I notice that another member has had this exact same problem, but there doesn't seem to be any solution.

I figure that I'm either completely stupid and missing something rdiculously simple here, or there could be some bug or other logical explanation?

Or perhaps YOU are the GENIOUS out there who can solve this?

Many Thanks
bluecat

Hi moberemk, thanks for your reply. You are giving me hope here.

Yes, I have plenty records in my db, enough for at least 3 pages per query. And yes it does display the next and previous Nav buttons, they are all there. It also displays the number of records as it should do. It just doesn't display the records themselves on the second or subsequent pages.

Also, one additional point to note is that once on the second (empty) page if I navigate back to previous, it then doesn't display the records in the first page?? It only works back the way if I use the back button on the browser (not the nav buttons).

Hope you can help,
Many thanks again
bluecat

Ok, that's it!

Simply changing the request method from POST to GET makes it work.

Although, this is not ideal from Dreamweaver's perspective, as you really should have the choice of methods for security reasons.

It seems that you don't have the option as POST doesn't work, only GET!

However, I'm not complaining, as at least it now works.

Problem solved!

Thanks very much for your help guys!! Much appreciated.

Kind Regards
bluecat

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.