1 reply to this topic

#1 mancroft

mancroft
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 10:26 AM

Bona vada

I have just set up a database and put two tables into it but phpmyadmin gives the following message (see below the actual question which comes next):

My actual question is:

what is $cfg[\'Servers\'][$i][\'pmadb\']

and how do I

\"just put your current database name in $cfg[\'Servers\'][$i][\'pmadb\']\"

????

Thanks!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Error
The additional Features for working with linked Tables have been deactivated. To find out why click here.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

which leads to:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Database cos_cart running on localhost
PMA Database ... not OK[ Documentation ]
General relation features Disabled
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and the link to documentation leads to:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
$cfg[\'Servers\'][$i][\'pmadb\'] string
Starting with version 2.3.0 phpMyAdmin offers a lot of features to work with master / foreign - tables. To use those as well as the bookmark feature you need special tables with a predefined structure, which we explain below.
If you are the only user of this phpMyAdmin installation, you can use your current database to store those special tables; in this case, just put your current database name in $cfg[\'Servers\'][$i][\'pmadb\'].

If you are setting up a multi-user phpMyAdmin installation, you will need to create a new db and setup special privileges, so, as superuser:

create a new database for phpmyadmin:
CREATE DATABASE phpmyadmin;
Note that \"controluser\" must have SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE privileges on this database. Here is a query to set up those privileges (using \"phpmyadmin\" as the database name, and \"pma\" as the controluser):
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE ON phpmyadmin.* to \'pma\'@\'localhost\';
do not give any other user rights on this database.
enter the databasename in $cfg[\'Servers\'][$i][\'pmadb\']
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#2 dammitjanet

dammitjanet
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 July 2003 - 11:11 AM

Is this setup on a local server, on webhost supplied webspace?

I beleive you can turn of these advanced features (that dont exist on mySql) in the phpMyAdmin config files.

the array it is talking about, is part (as I understand) of the phpMyAdmin configuration files, its seems to be asking you to insert your databasename and details into this array so that hphMyAdmin can use the advanced features.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users