For all you Gamers Out There!

Averice

The Games Page!

It's still a little under-construction.

This website is build for the Clan Community.

Where clans or even just players and people looking for clans can come and Discuss about various games out there.

{removed a pitch for new members - please read the posting guidelines}

Thank you for your time.

Averice

Well, the good news is, there are worse designs out there. The bad news is, those sites are considered crimes against humanity.

Seriously though, you need to reword this. The font is pretty bad and the capitalizing is annoying (and the menu didn't even look like a menu for the first minute or so), and the colours just don't work. Take this one back to the drawing board.

Sure your design is bad, but your php code is even worse!

You have to learn to validate email, check if age is acutally a number and have a common word spam protection system. Because you didn't takes this into consideration I took the liberty to create some fake accounts. Maybe you'll learn something from this.

Besides the headache-inducing text and lack of any usable information, I would say that this site has potential, BUT not for me!

You don't state whether this is for the PC gaming community, Console gaming community or both.  The one clan page I checked out had a very bad graphic header (pixelated and unreadable).

There is also a flaw with your login.  I pressed it without putting in any information and the page gave a "Welcome you are logged in" type thing.  That in itself is bad web design.

Your navigation links are so close together that I thought it was a bad sentence.  Once you go to the forums, there is no way out.  You don't have a link to take you back to the landing page.

All-in-all, its just bad design.  Try again some other time.

Thanks for the feedback, ill keep working on it.

and about the login system, i dont see any flaw? i just pressed it without entering information and this came up

There was a problem with your login details, wrong username and/or password

But thanks everyone. your input is much appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback, ill keep working on it.

and about the login system, i dont see any flaw? i just pressed it without entering information and this came up

But thanks everyone. your input is much appreciated.

You then clearly did not create the php script, but instead copied and pasted someone else's. Sure, you can argue, but a person who created their own script would go into it and fix the problems and go into the database and see the spam I purposely submitted.

I don't see how this is right...

Age can be a symbol or more than 4 digits.

Name can have an exclamation mark or anything other than a letter or a space

Email that doesn't have "@" or ".' or doesn't start with an underscore, letter, or number (no symbol)

This is def. one of those things you need to read upon. You can't trust users with correct input, but more importantly, this can pose security risks.

i was talking about the "entering no information in the login boxes and getting logged in" thing.. it doesnt work like that.. even when i dont type information it doesnt let me log in so i dont see how it would be any different for u.

and i did see the spam in my database with all the usernames like

Fucker

Fuck

asshole

yourabitch

fucker..

some nice accounts u made there... shows some maturity doesnt it?

What I was trying to point out is that above the

there is a (in green)
Welcome You are now Logged-In!
header (or whatever you want to call it).  If it were customized properly, you should see something like "Welcome, but you must inter the proper username and password to login."  Other wise it just gets confusing (am i logged in or not?).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.