PHP->IP2Location->PHP

d.shankar

Probably

If they allow $_GET method in form then you can use that if not you can use CURL or something for the post

Once you can use php to get the entire page back, you can searh for the patterns you want and explode() them out for instance leaving you with thw data you awnt to capture

It will be quite a dirty script, but it can be done, just not easy

The short answer is yes!

I'd go about it two ways, firstly I'd search the web to find out if someone offers what I need for free and make a list of all the potential providers, then I'd see if any of them offer a web service/api that I can use without having to write some custom code.

If the above fails then I'd create something using the cURL library.

Regards

Huggie

Php cant interact directly with 3rd party boo shangers

PHP is server side

However, it can read source code from external webpages

Thats the only way you can go about this

Is that map a static image? I dont think so. I dont think this ispossible.

Analyise the source code... if theres a way to grab the map it will have to come frmo that source but as I said, its obviously not a static image

You can only draw with the pencils you have available :P

Can i use the above site for passing multiple ips?  Or do i have to obtain some sort of license ?

So what you're asking us to do is, go to the site, read about the product/service and report back to you?  Here's a little suggestion... Why don't you read about it yourself  :)

Regards

Huggie

Can i use the above site for passing multiple ips?  Or do i have to obtain some sort of license ?

So what you're asking us to do is, go to the site, read about the product/service and report back to you?  Here's a little suggestion... Why don't you read about it yourself  :)

Regards

Huggie

I didnt mean in that manner and i dont care if you take it in that way.

Actually i went through the site thoroughly and i didnt find any terms regarding such case.

So if you dont wanna help me just ignore this message and there is no need to reply back to this post.

:-\

FYI having solved threads in your sig is annoying, all the links hurts my eyes :)

I'm sure if some of us put the solved links in our sigs, all you'd see is links.

You shouldn't have any problems using there service, providing you don't try to charge your users for it or you sell your script.

your need to check the T&C's, if its free to scrape, but if you code it badly they probably block your server..

LOL, i don't think i would add my "solved topics"..

Sorry buddy i will remove it soon.

Since i respect your words i will do it.

I wouldnt have removed if someone else have told.

Btw what is T&C's ?

T&C refers to many thing but in this case i mean "Terms & Conditions", from a "quick" look i don't see any on their site.. so i would assume thiers no Terms or Conditions for use..

so to grab the data you could use cURL BUT....

you can only lookup 10 IP's a day unless your register but then its 50..

* You can lookup 50 IP addresses instead of only 10 the day!

* Get amazing accurate IP location info!

* Get new features and enhanced tools!

* Test our brandnew Multi IP Lookup!

* Join our IP community and be the first who gets new free features!

* It´s totally free for you!

d.shankar, there's no need to take offense to what I said, I just interpreted what you said as laziness because you couldn'e be bothered to read it yourself.  That obviously wasn't the case, you just worded your question badly.  In a later post you made the following comment...

Actually i went through the site thoroughly and i didnt find any terms regarding such case.

Wouldn't the original post have been better if you'd said this then?

"I've been through the whole site thoroughly and I didnt find any terms regarding usage.  Has anyone else used this service before, if so,  can I use it for passing multiple ips, or do i have to obtain some sort of license?"

Had you have stated what you'd already done, we'd have seen that you're not just wanting someone to do it all for you and have taken the time to look yourself.

As for me not wanting to help, I'm one of the first to have replied to your post with how I'd go about it to give you an idea of where to start.

Regards

Huggie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.