Simple problem...

EKINdesigns

[!--quoteo(post=363983:date=Apr 12 2006, 06:14 AM:name=moberemk)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(moberemk @ Apr 12 2006, 06:14 AM) [snapback]363983[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
That's what it's supposed to do, actually. It isn't doing anything wrong; rather, you are. You need to specify that the dateblocks float to the left of your text by giving them the float: left; property.
[/quote]

I already have that code in there

[code]
    #article #dateblock {
        float: left;
        left: 0px;
    }
[/code]

alright...I added the float: left to the #article tag and this is what happened:

[a href=\"http://ekindesigns.com/feedleaks/\" target=\"_blank\"]http://ekindesigns.com/feedleaks/[/a]

Notice how the first article is to the right a little and the bottom one float all the way to the left.

How would i fix this?

At the very bottom of your element that you're using to contain the result, just put in an empty <div> tag with the style property set to clear: both;. I've also got a link to an alternate way to do it:
[a href=\"http://www.positioniseverything.net/easyclearing.html\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.positioniseverything.net/easyclearing.html[/a]

• 2 weeks later...
What didn't? I mean, if you used that alternate method in IE, I suppose that that may be why, because IE doesn't support the content property as of yet. If you're saying that the non-breaking space only clear: both; div at the bottom didn't work, then I don't really see why it wouldn't. I works fine when I look at it.

You are reading into this too much, simply find out which element you want moved. Reposition it with
position:absolute;
position:relative;
position:static;
preferabbly the first 2 for your situated.
just set in how far with the top, left, right, bottom, commands with it and you should be able to move it until it satisfies you visually.

That won't work. Just put an empty <div> tag with clear: both; at the bottom and the dates won't stick out. Your method requires a static design, which, this being a dynamic page, this obviously isn't. You can't just go off and say to use those positioning properties because, as you may notice, those require knowing exactly where it wants to be, which you simply can't for all those different ones.

as I said whether you try it or not is up to you, go to the element where you are specifying the text, position it manually with the positions I gave you, and just move each one over it takes 5 minutes for each one, to get it looking right, if you need me to do it I guess I can, but I don't like working for free. just input the positions where they need to be, visually adjust it as you go, until it is positioned to perfection. Then you will have them where you want them.

[!--quoteo(post=368851:date=Apr 26 2006, 09:49 AM:name=businessman332211)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(businessman332211 @ Apr 26 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]368851[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
as I said whether you try it or not is up to you, go to the element where you are specifying the text, position it manually with the positions I gave you, and just move each one over it takes 5 minutes for each one, to get it looking right, if you need me to do it I guess I can, but I don't like working for free. just input the positions where they need to be, visually adjust it as you go, until it is positioned to perfection. Then you will have them where you want them.
[/quote]
I cant do it that way...The items are dynamicaly generated...and they are resizable....wont work that way.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.