The infamous Drop down box

NabiscoBoy

Ok - so it's official - I am a KNUCKLE HEAD !!!

I have been struggling for hours on this small thing. I have a drop down box on a form. The drop down box is populated from a table of US States in ascending order. That part was easy. Here comes my most difficult moment:

I need to use whatever state the user selects, to filter my next page of seach results. (Such as all user profiles in selected state).

I use Dreamweaver. I see that dreamweaver has a built in "passing parameters function" that works pretty cool. I have used in the past. This is the fist time I am using it to pass a param from a drop down box - and I can't seem to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated. Remeber - Im a "Pre Fab" Dreamweaver user. Hard Core PHP is not something I understand (yet . .. one day I will be a grand wizard instead of just a knuckle head)

Thanks guys

Thank god for google !!!

I found my own answer. Guess it's all in how u phrase your question - after about 300 search attempts on google - I finally asked the right question.

Anyway - I found my answer in creating a searh page and search results page, using a drop down box to select criteria and pass that criterai to the results page filtering my search results. (usind dreamweaver and php).

If anyone else is a novice and could use a basic tutorial on it - here is the cool link I found and will be modifiying for my own use:

[a href=\"http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/programs/mx_search/mx_search03.html\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamwea...x_search03.html[/a]

I will make it to "Wizadry" yet !!!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.